InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,819 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Nov 26, 2020
10000 clients simultaneously

How InterSystems solutions handle C10k connections? ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C10k_problem )
For example, I want to create a social network on InterSystems platform.
In the scenario client (browser) => CSP Gateway => Cache can the Cache handle a large number of clients at the same time?
Quick analysis shows that CSP Gateway for each request opens a new TCP connection to Cache SuperServer (port 1972) allocating CSP session and license slot.

4 9
0 725

Dear Community,

I need to collect a file from an FTP server over FTPS.

I have the :

• credentials saved correctly
  • correct host and port informatoin
  • correct filepath I am trying to collect from
  • I have setup the SSL configuration in System > Security Management > SSL/TLS Configurations and this tests sucessfully

When I run the business service to connect it connects, but soon after connecting it fails to open the directory:

0 3
0 352

I have a project to only filter certain pathology results into a downstream system.

Within a HL7 router and business I was planning on using a lookup table and either the exists() or Lookup(), but am having issues when using it with repeating fields or segments.

For example if I perform teh analysis per stated segment usign {} brackets this will work, as each stated repeat is assessed:

0 2
0 720

As we all well know, InterSystems IRIS has an extensive range of tools for improving the scalability of application systems. In particular, much has been done to facilitate the parallel processing of data, including the use of parallelism in SQL query processing and the most attention-grabbing feature of IRIS: sharding. However, many mature developments that started back in Caché and have been carried over into IRIS actively use the multi-model features of this DBMS, which are understood as allowing the coexistence of different data models within a single database. For example, the HIS qMS database contains both semantic relational (electronic medical records) as well as traditional relational (interaction with PACS) and hierarchical data models (laboratory data and integration with other systems). Most of the listed models are implemented using SP.ARM's qWORD tool (a mini-DBMS that is based on direct access to globals). Therefore, unfortunately, it is not possible to use the new capabilities of parallel query processing for scaling, since these queries do not use IRIS SQL access.

Meanwhile, as the size of the database grows, most of the problems inherent to large relational databases become right for non-relational ones. So, this is a major reason why we are interested in parallel data processing as one of the tools that can be used for scaling.

In this article, I would like to discuss those aspects of parallel data processing that I have been dealing with over the years when solving tasks that are rarely mentioned in discussions of Big Data. I am going to be focusing on the technological transformation of databases, or, rather, technologies for transforming databases.

12 4
3 712

Developing a Full-Stack JavaScript web app with Caché requires you to bring together the right building blocks. Previously, I outlined the basic steps to install and connect Node.js to Caché and make it's powerful multi-model database capabilites available for use with Node.js. You can use Caché as a NoSQL-, document- (with unique key-level access!), SQL- and object-database with Node.js. When developing JavaScript applications, you'll see how powerful this combination is and makes Caché a perfect fit for Node.js.

In the first part of this article series I will show how to get started with the React framework, one of the most popular frameworks currently taking over front-end development. In the next parts you'll learn how to connect a basic web app to a Caché back-end.

You'll see, it's very easy to get started with this technology - you can even compare the amount of basic knowledge you need to COS because you only need to know a few basic concepts to start!

9 8
1 4.7K

We have some code written by earlier team that read flat files data and create SDAs and push them to ECR Input Service. Now for every test cycle we have to load files to SDAs, check error log, fix the error, clear the ECR, and try new fixed flat files. I’d like to know if there is a method to validate SDA msgs prior to pushing to EFR Input operations ?

so everything we simple load flat files, create SDAs and validate them. If files all looks good with no SDA errros then we actually load them to ECR only once.

0 3
0 321

Hi,

I seem to be able to execute sqlproc using the convention defined here https://docs.intersystems.com/latest/csp/docbook/Doc.View.cls?KEY=GSQL_q... provided the package/folder is a single level. As, soon I have a nested folder structure I get an error while trying to execute this.

For instance,

select id, Utils.Users_getRole(id) roles from users.users

works fine while,

0 3
0 139

Hi Developers!

Want to raise security discussion today!

Let's discuss how InterSystems security for applications works. In general, the concept is clear: we have Resources (what to protect), Roles which combine a set of privileges and accesses to Resources and Users which can have this or that Role.

But there is also a concept of Application which also could have a Role.

So you either provide a Role for a User or for an Application.

What do you use in production? What is your strategy and why? Pros, cons?

0 4
0 214

Hi community!

Is it possible generate HTML documentation to my project ObjectScript classes (.cls)?

In Java we use Javadoc to do it. Javadoc get class comments and java metadata information and when I execute javadoc -d doc src\*, I get whole html documentation to my classes. Has IRIS something like javadoc? Is it documatic? If yes, how can I use it?

1 12
2 597
Question
· Nov 21, 2020
How to purchase IRIS?

Hello there,

I am Zainab a Medical Practitioner for a leading hospital in India.

But i am about to start my new clinic and gradually build it to a hospital as well.

I already have a very strong patient Data Base but I am afraid that day by day as it is increasing i will need a better one to handle things.

I have a considerable amount of knowledge in IT as well. that is when I came across this thing called IRIS.

I also saw we can use it for free.

I need more details please on this.

0 7
0 249

Hi,

I'm trying to access the categories configuration for the WorkMgr via COS, so I can be able to create new categories for our processes and this way try to overlock the limit of cores*2 workers. I've seen that last version of IRIS is supposed to have a menu on the portal (System Administration > Configuration > System Configuration > WQM Categories), but since we are in 2020.1 this doesn't exist.

Does anyone have experience with WQM.API to manage the categories, or the usage of ^%SYS("WQM") to set it directly?

0 1
0 212

Hi Developers,

Watch the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube to learn how to develop with InterSystems ObjectScript using the Visual Studio Code plug-in.

Using Visual Studio Code and ObjectScript

https://www.youtube.com/embed/swmkF0EIcS8
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

5 0
0 865

Hi,

I need to develop a HL7 Q22/K22 query/response mechanism for a NHS Trust I am working for, but I do not know how to handle the message continuation.

Can any one give me any advise on this and/or point me in the direction of any documentation on the subject?

Thanks

Neil Thaiss

0 2
0 546

Hey Developers,

This week is a voting week for the InterSystems Interoperability Contest! So, it's time to give your vote to the best solutions built with InterSystems IRIS.

🔥 You decide: VOTING IS HERE 🔥

How to vote? This is easy: you will have one vote, and your vote goes either in Experts Nomination or in Community Nomination.

4 6
0 260

Hey Developers,

Please welcome the first session from InterSystems Virtual Summit 2020:

Creating InterSystems IRIS Analytics Solutions Using Docker & VSCode

https://www.youtube.com/embed/SgEEayfME9U
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

4 1
1 175

I have multiple files with different columns, first 9 values are fixed, so i want to ignore the first value, and next 8 values i want to combine into one value using ^ sign

Current Format

|||||||||||^^||||||^^|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||^^||||^^|||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||^^|||^^||||||||

Desired Format

^^^^^^|||^^||||||^^|||||||||||||||||
^^^^^^|||^^||||^^|||||||||||||||||||||||
^^^^^^|||^^|||^^||||||||

Reading each line from the file use below code.

0 11
0 739