InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,537 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

This may not be the right place to ask, but I am having some issues with the VSCode setup. I have installed the InterSystems Extensions but I am not seeing the InterSystems icon on the Action Bar long the left side of the screen.

Can someone point me in the correct direction of what I need to do to fix this issue?

Thanks

Scott

0 1
0 997
Article
· Jun 19, 2020 5m read
Migrate from Java Business Host to PEX

Migrate from Java Business Host to PEX

With the release PEX in InterSystems IRIS 2020.1 and InterSystems IRIS for Health 2020.1, customers have a better way to build Java into productions than the Java Business Host. PEX provides a complete set of APIs for building interoperability components and is available in both Java and .NET. The Java Business Host has been deprecated and will be retired in a future release.

Advantages of PEX

4 4
1 697

I'm looking for the best strategy for extracting data from a Cache table that houses 86 Million lines of data and around 190 columns. I'm currently using DBeaver and the Invoice Service dates go back to 1996. Optimistically I'm looking to pull to a pipe delimited flat file, but even a year's worth of data takes many hours to get query results.

Any suggestions for the best practice/strategy?

Thanks,

John

0 2
0 308
Article
· Feb 5, 2016 11m read
Class Queries in InterSystems IRIS

Class Queries in InterSystems IRIS (and Cache, Ensemble, HealthShare) is a useful tool that separates SQL queries from Object Script code. Basically, it works like this: suppose that you want to use the same SQL query with different arguments in several different places.In this case you can avoid code duplication by declaring the query body as a class query and then calling this query by name. This approach is also convenient for custom queries, in which the task of obtaining the next row is defined by a developer. Sounds interesting? Then read on!

17 17
6 6.9K

Hi Developers!

Here're the technology bonuses for the InterSystems Interoperability Contest that will give you extra points in the voting:

• Business Process BPL or Business Rule DTL Usage
  • Custom Interoperability Adapter Usage
  • Production EXtension(PEX) Java or .NET usage
  • Workflow Engine usage
  • ZPM Package deployment
  • Docker container usage

See the details below.

1 0
0 185

Hi All,

Can you please guide me on how to restore the .cbk file from the 2015 Cache version into the 2017 version or any other versions of Cache or IRIS software? I have a new instance on my server. It's an entirely new server. I have a .cbk backup file. I want to restore the backup file into a new namespace which one I will create on my new server. When I am trying on ^DBREST utility, I am getting "This is not a Cache Backup File" this error.

Please advise on this. It's a bit urgent.

Thanks,

Arun Kumar.

0 6
0 404

Hey Developers,

We remind you about a great opportunity to make a live conversation with InterSystems Product Managers Team on Live Q&A Sessions at Virtual Summit 2020!

🗓 TODAY at 12:40 PM EDT at https://intersystems.6connex.com/event/virtual-summit/en-us/contents/434...

And now we've added more options to make it even easier for you to ask questions upfront:

✅ Submit your questions in the comments to this post

✅ Submit your question to our Discord Channel: discord.gg/WqVjtD

✅ Submit your questions to VS2020questions@InterSystems.com

✅ Send your question personally to @Anastasia Dyubaylo or @Evgeny Shvarov in Direct Messages on the community

✅ Submit your question to Q&A Chat on the conference platform during the session

Note: We will pass all your questions to the PM team, and you'll receive answers during the Live Q&A Sessions.

4 3
0 205

Hi Community!

Watch a demonstration of Production Extension Framework (PEX) in InterSystems IRIS that uses a Kafka integration as an example:

PEX: Production Extension Framework Demo

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pFeJzZOd7Ww
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

3 0
0 311

Those of you who are following the FullStack competition here in the Developer Community will know that I submitted an entry named qewd-conduit. I wanted to summarise why I think it's something worth you taking a bit of time to check out.

qewd-conduit uses the Node.js-based QEWD framework alongside IRIS to implement the back-end REST APIs for something known as the RealWorld Conduit application:

https://github.com/gothinkster/realworld

5 6
1 423

Hi All,

I'm being asked if I can set up a AWS EC2 containerised version of IRIS and a separate AWS EC2 installation of Apache to serve IRIS web files.

Creating the Apache EC2 and containerised IRIS EC2 is the simple bit but getting them both to talk to each other does not seem quite so simple and I cannot find any documentation to describe how this can be achieved.

Has anyone else managed to achieve this?

0 8
0 421
Question
· Oct 27, 2020
Configure IRIS using Python

I am trying to configure IRIS using python. The first task I wanted to do it change the journal directory. I cannot figure out the right way to work with the Config.Journal class with python. I can get the text to query the current setting.

returnValue = dbnative.classMethodValue("Config.Journal","GetList")
print(returnValue )

But I don't see a straightforward way to parse the $List returned by GetList() I was hoping there was an easier way.

How do I

1. Query configuration parameters?

2. Set configuration parameters?

Using python?

0 2
0 203
Announcement
· Oct 28, 2020
InterSystems Certification Survey

Hello Everyone,

We are working on growing the InterSystems Certification program, and would like to gather some input from the community.

Please participate in this brief 6-minute survey to share your thoughts with us regarding the new certification exams we have planned and other program improvements that we are considering.

0 0
0 187
Announcement
· Oct 28, 2020
New Video: ZPMshow Demo

Hi Community,

Please welcome the new video recorded by @Robert Cemper on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

ZPMshow Demo

https://www.youtube.com/embed/y_RYE9n_EWw
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

3 0
0 184

$LIST string format and %DynamicArray and %DynamicObject classes

IRIS, and previously Cache, contain several different ways to create a sequence containing a mixture of data values. A data sequence that has been available for many years is the $LIST string. Another more recent data sequence is the %DynamicArray class, which along with the %DynamicObject class, is part of the IRIS support for JSON string representation. These two sequences involve very different tradeoffs.

$LIST String Format

11 4
8 2.6K

Newbie Warning...

I have a DTL which accepts HL7 2.3:ORU_R01 And Transforms to Custom Request Target

the target request contains an array of a custom class named OBXobj with some %string properties which Extends (%RegisteredObject, %XML.Adaptor)

in the DTL i have a for each loop which should copy OBX segments to the the request.

0 2
0 295

Hi Developers,

If you are planning to attend the Focus Sessions of InterSystems Virtual Summit 2020, please do not miss the session dedicated to InterSystems Developer Community and Open Exchange!

⚡️ "Developer Ecosystem: Developer Community forum and Open Exchange applications gallery" session ⚡️

Speakers:
🗣 @Anastasia Dyubaylo, Community Manager, InterSystems
🗣 @Evgeny Shvarov, Startups and Community Manager, InterSystems

What awaits you?

6 2
0 202

Hey Community,

We're pleased to invite you all to the Virtual Summit 2020 session dedicated to InterSystems online programming contests, best winning projects, and their developers! Please join:

⚡️ "Best applications of InterSystems programming contest series: Best IntegratedML, FHIR, REST API, Native API, ObjectScript solutions" session ⚡️

Please check the details below.

7 2
0 201