InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,755 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi Community,

Let's meet together at the online meetup with the winners of the InterSystems Globals contest! A great opportunity to have a discussion with InterSystems Product Managers on Globals. Our winners' demo included.

Date & Time: Thursday, April 14, 2022 – 12:00 EDT

https://www.youtube.com/embed/EVdqrEVKEJc
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

3 2
0 463

Hi everyone,

We are trying to verify a signature against a certificate without success.

Apologies in advanced if my post lack info.

I've added the cert under the X509 credentials under the management portal (alias Cert).

The code snippet that we are using to verify the cert:

0 4
0 603

While I love using VSCode for IRIS development work, one of the persistent frustrations with it has been the inability to display an object hierarch in the variables window while debugging. Only the object's reference identifier is displayed. Cache Studio's handling of the same issue is a little clunky, but it does at least have the option to display something as an object.

For now, I make do with a combination of the watch window and the command line in the debugging console -- but this feels just a step away from log.debug()/console.log() level debugging sometimes.

0 2
0 329
Question
· Sep 22, 2020
VSCode and CSP - what did I miss?

Hi -

I'm trying to get my VS Code instance that is connected to an AWS IRIS instance to edit/save/compile .csp files, but it's failing to work and I'm not sure why. The ".csp" is associated with the objectscript-csp code, and the server is connected, but things just don't act like they are enabled.

Should this work? and if so, what might I have missed in configuring things?

0 5
0 750

Hey Developers,

New video is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube channel:

Creating Pivot Tables with InterSystems IRIS Business Intelligence

https://www.youtube.com/embed/g24c8vFh2ME
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 218
Question
· Apr 15, 2022
Export to Excel problem

Hi Guys,

I'm using the below code to export to excel and it's working fine for one client but not for another and both clients are running the same version of IE 11.

for the second client the code generates an empty xlsx file and when I try to open it it says file corupted although data exits in the resultset, so is there a flag or setting needs be done in the client server or IE?

0 1
0 279

We have a requirement to write to an AWS S3 bucket from Cache.

We haven't upgrade to IRIS yet, but are looking at doing so in the future. This requirement cannot wait for the upgrade to happen, unfortunately.

Will appreciate if any one can share any example code, that enables cache to write to an AWS S3 bucket?

0 8
1 572

I am writing a Python tools I want to access the %Monitor.System.License properties:

1. AvailableDist
  2. AvailableLocal
  3. MaxUsedDist
  4. MaxUsedLocal
  5. CurrentUsedDist
  6. CurrentUsedLocal

Initially I want to develop Objectscript to verify access to the properties. But I can not figure the proper syntax.

I first attempted:

set ans = ##class(%Monitor.System.License).AvailableDist

which failed.

I tried another approach:

set ans = ##CLASS(%Monitor.System.License).%GetParameter("AvailableLocal")

0 2
0 252
Question
· Mar 22, 2022
load and compile from java

Hi i am trying to load and compile one class from java . I am following this code. I am using iris 2021.2

irisConnection = (IRISConnection) DriverManager
.getConnection("jdbc:IRIS://10.20.30.40:51773/MYNAMESPACE", "username", "password");
iris = IRIS.createIRIS(irisConnection);
iris.classMethodStatusCode("%SYSTEM.OBJ", "Load", "/filePath/SumanPramodTest.test3.CLS.xml","/displaylog=0 /displayerror=0");

0 5
0 334

Hi Team,

I am working on data transformation ADT^A01 from ADT^A01 ,In both source and target MRG segment is not available. How can i create a new MRG segment in Target. Kindly share your ideas how to create a new segment in Data transformation.

Thanks in advance

0 2
0 285

I have been struggling trying to understand "Response From" and "Response Target Config Names" as I am trying to track down Orphaned messages. I have noticed that when a Business Rule, or Business Process sends to a File Based Operation, there is always a NULL value response being returned. I am thinking these NULL values are causing some of the orphaned message problems we are seeing.

0 2
0 356

I was using PowerBI to create regular display data obtained from one popular web sourse with hundreds of thousands of visitors per month and a big number of users.

At the beginning of that visualisation development, I was using direct connection from Power BI to Adaptive Analytics powered by AtScale. Adaptive Analytics is useful for cached data, aggregates and fast data sources switching between development and stage phases. The “AtScale cubes'' connection method was used:

3 0
0 797

It's time to announce the Winners for March! Please welcome our awesome Global Masters Heroes!

The storm of applause goes to these developers and their great contribution to DC in March:

🥇 @YURI MARX GOMES, Software Architect, YM Services, Braz

🥈 @Prashanth Ponugoti, Technical Architect, Optimus IT Infra Ltd, London, United Kingdom

🥉 @Djeniffer Greffin, Soluctions Architect, Sabin Medicina Diagnóstica, Brazil

Learn more about the competition and our awesome winners below.

10 3
1 257
Question
· Apr 11, 2022
MAXSTRING limit issue

MAXSTRING (longstring) is enabled.

We have a Class containing a property definition

Property SettingsJSON As %Text(MAXLEN = 3600000)

The property is used for storing a string of JSON data however in some cases we get a Cache error: %SaveData error when trying to save a string of JSON a lot less than maximum "allowed" length, any ideas anyone?

0 14
0 1K

I have a Business Service that reads a file from a folder and sends it as a string to a Business Process. In the business process, I need to add a string to the end of the file string that is coming into the Business Process. I am trying to do this in object script in studio and I am struggling to figure out how to add the string to the end of the other string. I am still new to studio and object script I have been reading up on the documentation and I am not sure what is the best way to accomplish this.

0 6
0 248

Hi

How do I run a CSP page from within VS Code.

Secondly I have installed an extension called "Live Server" which will run .html pages within VS Code. Have any of you made use of this extension and if so can you specify that .csp pages are html pages?

If I press F5 in VS Code (just as you would in Cache Studio) in order to view a csp page when I press F5 in vs code it tries to open

http://localhost:57772/csp/bootstrap/

without the csp page name

0 6
2 890