I have an issue where a Windows Reserved word, in my case CON, is causing an error when used as part of a JSON Get operation. In this case CON is the user identifier (the full identifier is CON.SURNAME) of a person and I am trying to read the employee record using a web service provided by the payroll system.

Is there a way I can get around this, some sort of encoding that would enable the inclusion of this identifier. I can't just change the identifier has it is used extensively across systems.

0 3
0 181
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,533 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Sep 5, 2019
Setting up sFTP operations

So we are in the midst of setting up a bunch of sFTP operations where we will have Ensemble send files to our various customers.

My questions about the set up are these:

1) For a simple test, I set up an Operation using EnsLib.FTP.PassthroughOperation. Is this the one I should be using?

2) if the receiving system has a username and password, then all I have to do is put that username and password into a Credential and assign that credential to my operation correct?

0 5
1 1.6K

We receive a JSON message containing an element which is larger than the system long string size. We are using Ensemble HealthShare v2017 which prevents us from using the %GET method as it doesn’t allow us to define the output as a Stream. We are instead trying to the read the contents of the JSON message using Readline function, and store the value into an instance of the %Stream.GlobalCharachter class, and then read from the instance of that class and write the contents of that element into a HL7 Message.

0 2
0 165

InterSystems Global Summit (or Virtual Summit this year) is traditionally a time of big announcements, and I'm sure our friends from InterSystems have quite a lot of new and exciting things to share with us this year. Here at Banksia Global, we have a big announcement for you as well. Please meet our new website built to make IRIS-based software distribution a breeze: ZpmHub.com!

5 0
0 166

Quite a complex scenario we are trying to solve but should be able to understand.

We're developing a task executer that runs on a server with a certain timezone.

The tasks run every day at a defined time, but in different timezones.

We're saving in database at what time we want to execute the task, and in what timezone (don't go to the save in UTC pitfall, as with DST it will be at different times)

What I want to do if when opening a task from the database, convert 02:00 Europe/Madrid, either to UTC or to local (server) time.

0 11
0 515
Question
· Sep 23, 2021
Using Arrow with left join

Hi Guys,

my understanding that Arrow can't be used in left or right joins as the example below, so is there an alternative ?

SELECT Sample.Employee.Name, Sample.Company.Name AS CompName
FROM Sample.Employee LEFT OUTER JOIN Sample.Company
ON Sample.Employee.Company->Name = Sample.Company.Name

Thanks

0 2
0 347

Hi Developers!

Here're the technology bonuses for the InterSystems Interoperability Contest 2021 that will give you extra points in the voting:

• Business Process BPL or Business Rule DTL Usage
  • Custom Interoperability Adapter Usage
  • Production EXtension(PEX) Java or .NET usage
  • Workflow Engine usage
  • Docker container usage
  • ZPM Package deployment
  • Online Demo
  • Code Quality pass
  • Article on Developer Community
  • Video on YouTube

See the details below.<--break->

1 2
0 291

Once a week we are attempting to load an XML file from Workday into a MS SQL table using JDBC and Store Procedures. There is approx 102999 records in this XML file. We are struggling with processing the entire file within a reason amount of time. We feed the XML through a BPL to then populate values in a stored procedure then call the stored procedure through a Business Operation. I have tried splitting out the Business Operations to make two calls, but we still continue to see an issue loading the XML into MS SQL.

0 4
0 276

Hi developers,

We're hosting a User Group session for our Deltanji source control and Serenji debugger users on Wednesday, November 3rd at 11-12pm EDT / 3-4pm GMT.

We'll be showcasing some advanced features of Deltanji and Serenji in VS Code with time for a discussion - so feel free to bring along any problems you need help solving or share your feedback on our tools. We'd love to hear your thoughts.

You can find out more on Eventbrite.

Everyone is welcome. If you're interested in our tools this is a great chance to hear what others have to say, as well as asking your own questions.

We hope to see you on November 3rd!

3 0
0 110

Hi,

I have very recently started to work with Ensemble and have both the 2014 and the 2017 version.

To learn, I have created a small test flow that takes an xml file using EnsLib.EDI.XML.Service.FileService, sends it to a Process that transforms it with xslt into another format, and then passes it onwards to a EnsLib.EDI.XML.Operation.FileOperation Business Operation.

This is the code that I have before and when sending it onwards:

0 2
0 834