InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,521 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Starting installation
Starting up InterSystems IRIS for loading...
../bin/irisinstall -s . -B -c c -C /usr/irissys/iris.cpf*IRIS -W 1 -g2
Starting Control Process
Unable to allocate 242 MB shared memory...
Unable to allocate 232 MB shared memory...
Configuring minimum system...
Unable to allocate 139 MB shared memory...
Unable to allocate shared memory minimum of 139MB (errno=22)
Startup aborted.
Startup error. See messages.log for more information.
Call InterSystems Technical Support if you need assistance.

0 11
0 325
Announcement
· Sep 27, 2021
Videos from HackMIT 2021

Hey Community,

Please welcome 4 new videos on InterSystems Developers YouTube from HackMIT 2021 healthcare track:

1. Meet InterSystems and Get Ready for the Challenge

https://www.youtube.com/embed/IdLLzHm9xNg
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 203

Hi!

We're doing a small data integration project at our university and I've run into a problem.

I'm trying to make a counter that records the amount of messages (a simple .txt file transfer) that pass through a process and dumps that amount into a text file (preferably with a timestamp) every 10 minutes or so.

What I've gathered it's possible to do it via SQL query but linking that query into a process is something I haven't found any info on.

Are there any semi-beginner friendly ways to do this?

Thanks in advance!

0 1
0 240
Question
· Sep 8, 2021
Arabic Language

Good Day

I have http response comes with strange characters "ليس لديه الØ", but it's normal when i test in postman. Is there any method to read arabic.

Regards

0 9
0 557

I have a terminal script that queries sys.process' and then parses the results writing to a logfile. As part of the processing of the results, each row of the result set includes an element from the static string. But I am not clear on the scoping of the static string. The write statement sees the static string as undefined. What I want is something to the affect:

set statStr = "aa|bb|.."

set sqlStatement = xxx

set tState = ##class(%SQL.Statement).%New()

set qStat = tState.%Prepare(< sql statement> )

0 2
0 198

I'm trying to install IRIS 2021.1 in the Ubuntu 18.04 but all the time I got the message below:

Starting installation
Starting up InterSystems IRIS for loading...
Invalid ownership for ./irisdb
InterSystems IRIS is already up!
Status code is 1
InterSystems IRIS failed to start.
Check /mnt/WinData/InterSystemsLinux/mgr/messages.log for more details.
Call InterSystems Technical Support if you need assistance.

* Installation aborted *

Post-installation tasks failed, installation is not complete

0 4
0 387

Hi community,

I have a SOAP Client class that connect to a WS Service. This structure and configuration is the same for some providers that are integrated with my solution.

If I call to a provider, it returns the XML expected. But there is a provider that raises an error:

ERROR #6243: HTTP request to SOAP WebService returned response with unexpected CONTENT-TYPE: application/wsdl+xml

1 3
0 256

Hi Community,

New video is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Showcasing New X12 Enhancements

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lH2w5sQ_EE4
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 211
Article
· Sep 23, 2021 1m read
Zero configuration debugging

The latest release of Serenji by George James Software introduces zero configuration debugging, so it's ready to go in just one click - no matter where you are or what you're doing, your on-the-spot debugger is ready to go. 

We have introduced a host of new features to enhance the debugging experience so you can focus on identifying and fixing errors, without losing focus by spending time setting up a launch configuration. 

Check out the new features in our release notes

If you've already started using Serenji 3.2.0 let us know how you're getting on! 

3 0
2 195

When overwriting the Read method (that has a %CacheString return type) on a new class that inherits %Stream.FileCharacter class, returns an error about incorrect return type, must be Binary, even if it matched the real signature.

Looking at the compile global information we can see:

^oddCOM("%Stream.FileBinary","m","Read",42)="%Library.Binary"

After further investigation we realise that there is a generator method looking at the OdbcType class definition.

Setting LONGVARCHAR results in:

^oddCOM("User.CStream","m","Read",42)="%Library.String"

0 0
0 156
Question
· Sep 22, 2021
embedded sql select locks

i noticed -by reading .INT files of one class- that some of embedded sql select statements code blocks translates into code that uses lock command.

even if i use %nolock in the select, still cursors and arrow referencing notations "->" have the same results.

0 4
0 186

I am writing a report for a client that will create a report of the current process with a format that mimicks the Management Portal process display. I am writing a cterm script file to generate the report.

In the loop that process the results I am writing the columns in a formatted manner that will result in a CSV format very similar in content and order the process page. However, it appears that the write statement is limited in size such that I can not write out all of the elements of the sys.process query. My query result processing that works correctly is of this format:

0 4
0 171

in order to do analysis on huge data volumes, it is better to take you data to a separate machine for analysis away from the operational machine, so trying to write huge globals or tables into files as is would take a huge space, what could be a solution or best practice ?..in python for instance, there is the pickling option (serializes data to byte string and saves it to a file) to save space, what could be best in object script ?

0 11
0 1.1K

I'm working on a project were we are going to be receiving a non-HL7 formatted flat file that will contain a single result message per line and each result messages may contain repeating OBX fields that will need to be parsed out so that can be sent as an HL7 ORU messages that contains multiple OBX segments.

0 10
0 409

Deploying InterSystems HealthShare code, supporting lookups and artifacts like ssl certs, keys etc is relatively straight forward using Gitlab Runners. Not only does this approach enable managing the code base and deploying with git type workflows, but it also lends to a speedy recovery and repeatable environments for some implementations.

4 1
2 460

Hey Developers,

Please welcome the new video by @Ron Sweeney on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Hands Off HealthShare Deployment Workflow with GitLab Runners

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NP_smt5UY3c

Gitlab Runners and InterSystems Healthshare Code Deployment and VSCode oh my. More details in this post.

2 1
0 178