InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,755 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

You might of seen or might of not seen my earlier post about Exporting a Production from 2018.1 to import it into 2021.1. I was able to get the export working, however I noticed in reviewing the data within the export, our previous Workday XML Schemas that we imported via XSD files were not in the export. When walking through the export process under Message Schema or vDoc Schema I could not find the missing XML Schema structures. Why aren't XML's part of the export process if they are used within the Production?

0 1
0 362

We are migrating from AIX to Linux and part of our testing is trying to figure the best method to migrate the code. I am trying to export an entire Production, however I keep running into an error...

Error generating export list for production osuwmc.TestClin and all items may not be listed.
ERROR #5002: Cache error: <CLASS DOES NOT EXIST>zgetRecordandComplexMapClasses+34^Ens.Config.Production.1 *(No name)

I went through any Complex Record Maps, and recompiled them but I am still getting the same error

0 3
0 219

Hey Developers,

We have a requirement to develop SOAP webservice from existing wsdl. Consumers are currently consuming existing soap webservice exposed by other provider.

We need to implement same SOAP service in ensemble as consumers should not see any difference except endpoint url.

Here we need to develop SOAP service form existing WSDL, which is possible in java. Is it possible in ensemble?

Could you please give me some hints to way forward.

Thanks,

Prashanth

2 2
0 232

Hi folks!

Sometimes we need the docker image of the InterSystems IRIS solution we build to be published on some docker registry. The cases could be:

1. Deploy it then in Kubernetes cluster
  2. Let your pal run the image of your public repo without building it locally.

You can push the image to Docker Hub Registry or Github Registry.

In this very short article, I provide a way how to do it automatically on every push to your GitHub repository.

3 0
2 286

Hello developers, I'm a newbie to Intersystems technologies and I started to work with Caché and Ensemble, and to be more specific I'm working with systems integration. In a scenario where I need to develop new software from scratch, would it be better to develop this new software using REST APIs? Does anyone have any recommendations about courses?

0 3
0 289

or "So you just got yelled at by your boss, for sending him an unformatted Hello World webpage"

Our previous lesson ended with us serving a Message value obtained from a Caché REST service to the client, using Angular as a runtime. While there is a lot of moving parts involved in this process, the page is not especially exciting at the moment. Before we can start adding new features, we should take a step back and review our tools.

12 1
1 2.4K

I use Microsoft Query via Excel to query an Intersystems database.

Since upgrading from CACHE to Intersystems, lots of reports fail to refresh twice - by which I mean I can open the report (which may have several separate queries) and query the database once, and then it will refuse to reconnect.

I get:
[IRIS ODBC][State : S1000][Native Code 417] .... Access denied

If I then close and reopen excel, I can run the query again.

0 6
0 252

Hi Friends ,

We have requirement to convert source hl7 message to target json message using dtl.

Currently I have created persistent cls for json and completed the dtl.

DTL giving output as json equivalent xml.

Now how to convert DTL result xml object to json?

2 1
0 454

I am trying to connect to an external SFTP. They have our public key and I have the private key which is password protected. I have the credentials set to the sftp username and the password to the private key.

If I set the private key only, I get a username/password error connecting. If I set both the public and private key files, I get the error below:

ERROR #7510: SSH Error '-19': SSH Error [80101013]: Callback returned error [80101013] at Session.cpp:418,0

0 4
0 2.3K

Hello Everyone,

In October 2021 we asked for input from the IRIS community regarding exam topics for our InterSystems IRIS System Administration exam. We will close the window for providing feedback on the exam topics on Wednesday, January 12, 2022. Thus, if you would like to have your say in what topics are covered on the exam, this is your last chance!

0 0
0 174
Article
· Dec 20, 2021 1m read
Holiday Reading: What Lies Beneath!

For those of you who might be new to IRIS, and even those who have used Cache or IRIS for some time but want to explore beyond its usually-assumed boundaries and practices, you might want to dive into this detailed exploration of the database engine that is at its heart, and discover just what you can really do with it, going way beyond what InterSystems have done with it for you.

10 5
4 437

We’ve already considered how to run an IRIS-based application in GCP Kubernetes in Deploying InterSystems IRIS Solution into GCP Kubernetes Cluster GKE Using CircleCI. Additionally, we’ve seen how to run an IRIS-based application in AWS Kubernetes in Deploying a Simple IRIS-Based Web Application Using Amazon EKS. Now, let’s look at how to deploy an application to the Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).

2 0
0 536

The "Download Caché Evaluation" at the top of this forum takes the user to a page that only allows her to download versions of IRIS. What am I missing here? Does IRIS encompass Caché? I've wandered around both on the main website and in the Developer Community site looking for a way to only get Caché... Very frustrating.

I appreciate any help you all can provide. Thanks!

1 11
0 2.2K