Hi Community!

We're pleased to invite you to the upcoming "Speed Test: ESG Labs Database Performance Test" webinar on August 5 at 9:30 AM EDT!

Join our live webinar with Mike Leone, senior analyst with Enterprise Strategy Group’s Validation Services, to learn about a speed test that measures and compares the concurrent real-time data ingest and query performance of InterSystems IRIS® data platform, a leading in-memory database, a cloud relational database, and a traditional relational database. 

Last reply 6 days ago
+ 1   0 0

views

+ 1

rating

InterSystems IRIS currently limits classes to 999 properties.

But what to do if you need to store more data per object?

This article would answer this question (with the additional cameo of Community Python Gateway and how you can transfer wide datasets into Python).

The answer is very simple actually - InterSystems IRIS currently limits classes to 999 properties, but not to 999 primitives. The property in InterSystems IRIS can be an object with 999 properties and so on - the limit can be easily disregarded.

0   1 1

views

rating

Dear Community,

I need to collect a file from an FTP server over FTPS.

I have the :

• credentials saved correctly
  • correct host and port informatoin
  • correct filepath I am trying to collect from
  • I have setup the SSL configuration in  System > Security Management > SSL/TLS Configurations and this tests sucessfully

When I run the business service to connect it connects, but soon after connecting it fails to open the directory:

Last reply 6 days ago
0   0 3

views

rating

Hi,

I've added a REST service which worked fine on our test system but failed on the production environment because UnknownUser does not have %All set and I really don't want it set on production (in fact I've also switched it off on test).

Is there a way to allow a single REST service to have unauthorised access?

I was thinking adding a resource/role to UnknownUser specifically for that service but I've never touched on Users/Roles/Resources so I'm struggling to work out what needs adding where.

Thanks

Last reply 7 days ago
0   0 2

views

rating

I have a number of globals I want to loop through depending on a passed in string...

^A("SYSTEM")

^B("SYSTEM")

^C("SYSTEM")

^D("SYSTEM")

^E("SYSTEM")

I am passing in a string of "A:C:D"

Piecing that to pull out A,C,D, then want to use that to pull out A,C,D from above, but having problems setting the name of the global to be the name of the variable I have pulled out of the string

How do I set this?

I have tried ^varname("SYSTEM")

Last reply 7 days ago
0   0 1

views

rating

I'm trying to produce Kafka Message to Topic using Java Objects. I have build Business operation and  Jar file and trying to execute. I'm getting following exception 

Terminating Job 8316 / 'IrisKafkaProducer' with Status = ERROR #5046: Error executing java command 'init() returned: "ERROR #5034: Invalid status code structure ("java.sql.SQLException: [InterSystems IRIS JDBC] Communication link failure: Access Denied")"'. Java may not be installed correctly on your system., %QuitTask=

Getting following trace at Audit Database

Last reply 7 days ago
+ 1   0 2

views

+ 1

rating

This is the third post of a series explaining how to create an end-to-end Machine Learning system.

Training a Machine Learning Model

When you work with machine learning is common to hear this work: training. Do you what training mean in a ML Pipeline?
Training could mean all the development process of a machine learning model OR the specific point in all development process
that uses training data and results in a machine learning model.

Last reply 7 days ago
+ 4   1 1

views

+ 4

rating

Hi Developers!

As you know the application errors live in ^ERRORS global. They appear there if you call:

d e.Log() 

in a Catch section of Try-Catch.

With @Robert Cemper's approach, you can now use SQL to examine it.

Inspired by Robert's module I introduced a simple IRIS Analytics module which shows these errors in a dashboard:

+ 2   1 1

views

+ 2

rating

Hello Intersystems-Community,

I build an API and there I use $order to get the Data from my Globals.
When I first time use that API it's get an error (504 Gateway-Timout > 60 Sec.).

After 2 reloads it works with a loading time of 2 Sec.! Sounds for me like the $order is cached and it works faster. Is it true $order will be cached?

When it works, I only get the error at the next day. So it's very hard to reproduce that error. Is it possible to delete the cache for $order?

Example:

0   0 3

views

rating

The InterSystems IRIS has an integration engine with these core elements:

1. Adapters: are inbound (data/message input/request) and outbound (data/message output/response)  integration logic specialized in the type of data or message protocol (file, http, etc.). They are the interface to allows connect with source or target data repositories or systems.

2. DTL: is a component to mapping and transform data between two components in the flow orchestration.

Last reply 8 days ago
+ 1   2 2

views

+ 1

rating

This is a coding example working on IRIS 2020.1 and on Caché 2018.1.3 
It will not be kept in sync with new versions      
It is also NOT serviced by InterSystems Support !   

In most cases, a global used by default storage has just 1 subscript level that represents the IDKEY.
For an index-globals we may see 2 or more subscript levels.
Arrays, or parent-child relationships or persistent classes extending a base data class
are examples where we see more levels. Though all these globals are quite uniform.

+ 2   0 1

replies

views

+ 2

rating

This is a coding example working on IRIS 2020.1 and on Caché 2018.1.3 

Globals in Caché / Ensemble / IRIS are normally invisible over SQL access
This example shows how to overcome this limit.

Last reply 8 days ago
+ 2   1 1

views

+ 2

rating

This is a coding example working on Caché 2018.1.3 and IRIS 2020.2 

During my search for a snapshot of a persistent object,
I met a feature that I would like tho share as it could be useful in some special situations.
My trigger was to have a before- and an after-image during unit testing.

Last reply 9 days ago
+ 7   4 5

views

+ 7

rating

Now I want to return a large amount of data to the front end. The string length has reached 40000 +, and the returned data needs to be encrypted by AES + Base64. I can convert the string into a stream. AES can use the AESCBCEncryptStream method to encrypt, but Base64 has no stream method。Anyone who get the solution  would you kindly share the solution please。

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last reply 9 days ago
+ 1   0 4

views

+ 1

rating

This is a coding example working on Caché 2018.1.3 and IRIS 2020.2 

Standard error logs in IRIS / Caché / Ensemble are written global ^ERRORS.
As this piece dates back some decades back to previous millennium its structure
is far from the typical SQL storage structures.

Last reply 9 days ago
+ 6   1 3

views

+ 6

rating

Hi Devs!

A few months ago I raised a discussion on the naming convention for ZPM modules.

And you free to put your name or your organization name for the packages you want to have your personal or company's brand.

But if you contribute to community, we suggested to have "community." package for all such libraries.

But the name is too long.

Last reply 10 days ago
+ 2   1 4

views

+ 2

rating

cache 2017.2 windows 10

Is there any way to change the sql Shell interface to output a <TAB> between the fields instead of outputting one or more spaces between columns

I needed to run an sql ( that took a while to run) and then  cut and paste the generated output into excel, trouble was the paste into excel was not very good for columns when there's spaces used between the columns

kev

Last reply 11 days ago
0   0 1

views

rating