Hello Everyone

I'm trying to open an XML that I get inside a GZIP file.
However, I can only open the contents when I save the file to a folder.
I would like to know if there is a way to get the contents of XML without saving the GZIP in a folder.

The code below is functional, however, you are saving GZIP before you can get the contents of the XML.

0   0 1

answers

comments

views

rating

Hey, developers, I have great news for you. A few days ago, GitHub was updated with the latest version of linguist project, which is being used to recognize source code types in repositories. It helps to determine which programming language had been used in every file of the repository. Repository statistics section shows the results of this module work.

Also  you can search across all available GitHub repositories for any chosen language. 

Last comment 13 days ago
+ 6   1 3

views

+ 6

rating

Hello,

When creating an outbound X12 file (834, 835, 837, etc), what's the easiest way to keep a segment count to use in the SE01 element?  Other mapping tools I've used either detect it's an X12 file and do this automatically, or there's an option to keep a count after each outputted segment.  The Data Transformation tool within Health Connect doesn't seem to have similar functionality, but I could just be missing something.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jason

Last answer 30 May 2019 Last comment 13 days ago
0   0 2

views

rating

Say you have a DICOM document with an input information sequence with many sequence items. You could access every item one by one by looping and querying the path by passing it to the GetValueAt method as demonsrated below.

This works but there are some performance issues on my system if the document has to  be read for each query (as far as I know, that is the case on my system). Is there a way of querying a path, which would return the sequence items as an array? I think I am missing something. With 900 items the process takes around 20 seconds currently.

Last answer 13 days ago
0   0 3

comments

views

rating

Hi Everyone!

One more session recording from Global Summit 2018 is available on Developer Community YouTube Channel:

InterSystems IRIS in a Container

+ 1   0 1

comments

views

+ 1

rating

When we go to specific name space to search messages in message viewer, at the moment we are adding the search criteria to add criterion type as SearchTable Field, and clicking the dropdown in Class field, there is an error says below in the image:

Could anyone please let me know what exactly the error is from? Thanks so much.

0   0 1

comments

views

rating

Hi Community!

I have very good news for the developers, who are using Github to host projects with InterSystems ObjectScript.  Github introduced the support of InterSystems ObjectScript this week!

How does it work?

Now all the .cls files in your repository are considered as InterSystems ObjectScript and highlighted according to the language rules of ObjectScript. For example WebTerminal, Samples-Data.

Last comment 11 June 2019
+ 15   1 6

views

+ 15

rating

The code of %Z.obj is available on Open Exchange.

During testing your code you are are often confronted with the need to examine
the actual content of an object. Either using ZWRITE or $system.OBJ.Dump()
you get a picture of simple properties as "--- attribute values ---"
while "--- swizzled references ---" are more confusing than informative
and with "--- calculated references ---" you are just left in the lurch.

Last comment 10 June 2019
+ 8   1 1

views

+ 8

rating

Hi Community!

Please welcome a new video on Developer Community YouTube Channel:

Adopting InterSystems IRIS

0   0 1

comments

views

rating

Hi Community!

Sometimes I meet a method which accepts 10+ parameters.

And often I need only the 8th parameter  to  pass. And I call the method something like:

do ##class(Some.Feature).Method(,,,,,,,"flag")

And I don't like this method when I call it like this cause, you know, often I just miss the number of commas and raise some other flag I wanted.

How do you avoid this situations? 

If you meet such a code, how do you call it and sure that you didn't miss the number of ","?

What is a good number of parameters in a method and f you need to pass more parameters in a method what do you do?

Last answer 5 May 2019 Last comment 9 June 2019
+ 2   0 9

views

+ 2

rating

I have a custom process that is parsing HL7 and inserting it into a table. Periodically the inserts fail with # due to error: ERROR #5803: Failed to acquire exclusive lock on instance of.... 

Traditional databases would wait until the lock is removed then do the insert, but cache fails. I'm sure it's my coding approach.

How can I work around this? A Try/Catch loop?

Thanks in advance.

Last answer 6 June 2019 Last comment 6 June 2019
0   0 4

views

rating

Hello,

There is a problem connecting clients through ODBC.

"ERROR [08S01] [Cache ODBC][State : 08S01][Native Code 459]
Connection via cconnect failed: 
TCP connect() failed - exception satisfied select().
Reason: (10061, 0x274d) No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

Error sometimes occurs. In cconsole.log there are only messages about high CPU usage.

ODBC and Cache version Cache for Windows (x86-64) 2013.1.4 (Build 801).

Any suggestions?

Last answer 7 June 2019 Last comment 8 June 2019
0   0 2

views

rating

hi, i am new to Studio and also new to objectscript, but i am not new to programming and

want to implement some synonymfunctions e.g.  LOCATE should be used as InStr (.. like in much languages ;o)

more generally spoken, i want to implement a library for my string routines BUT of course i want an need autocomplete.

defining a macro $$$InStr does no autocomplete  when i type $$$In<CTRL-SPACE>

example: my lib is called STRINGS and the functions are: InString, Split, ...

Last answer 3 June 2019 Last comment 7 June 2019
+ 1   0 4

views

+ 1

rating

Hello Cache Developers!  The purpose for this post is to outline a coding challenge that I have encountered when trying to use shortcuts (i.e. CTRL+G) within a ZEN application.   Allow me to provide a summarized background:

Our application has a ZEN page (call it the PPL page) with a tablepane that displays a list of records.   This page also has an iFrame (#1)

0   0 1

answers

comments

views

rating

Hello,

I want to parse large JSON object and store data into persistent tables. Is there any other way besides pre-defining persistent classes including typing each property name? Maybe parse it and store properties into a global so that I know what properties need to be defined for each class...

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Last answer 7 June 2019
0   0 4

comments

views

rating

I have one persistent, xml-enabled class.
I need to convert objects of this class to XML.
However I need to project each object in different ways (depending on
where I send it), for example:

• Different list of attributes are projected
  • Attributes have different names

Is there a way to do that with XML Adaptor?

Last answer 7 June 2019
0   0 2

comments

views

rating

There are many projects which work on InterSystems products, and they are not always written only in ObjectScript. I think some of you working with different programming languages and already have some experience with other editors, and hope you already have a favourite online editor. 

My current choice is VSCode, whereas you may already know I have added an extension to support ObjectScript.

Last comment 6 June 2019
+ 1   0 2

views

+ 1

rating

This question is about calling AWS REST APIs. Based on:

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/sigv4_signing.html

AWS requires REST clients to call their APIs using Signature Version 4 which in case you don't know what I am talking about is a pain in the neck.  Here comes the question:

Has anybody, by any chance implemented the v4 signing alg. in COS? If yes, would she or he have the kind heart to share?

Thanks,

Chris

Last answer 23 March 2017 Last comment 6 June 2019
0   0 6

views

rating

Hi Community!

This is the update on what are the new applications submitted on OpenExchange in May 2019

New Applications

Background Jobs over ECP published by @Robert Cemper

An internal variant of a PIPE

Simple Remote Server Control published by @Robert Cemper

Simple monitoring of several servers at a lightweight level

iris-nodejs-101  published by @David Reche 

This application demo a REST API build in node.js able to receive HTTP GET, POST and DELETE of custom JSON 

Sea Battle  published by @Evgeny Shvarov

Simple terminal game an approach to "Sea Battle". Example of simple ObjectScript method calls and terminal interaction The code is an ObjectScript remake of Python example in CodeAcademy

PHP-module for Caché published by @Sergey Kamenev 

This is PHP-module for InterSystems Caché. In current moment module works only locally, on same server where running Caché. Module has excelence speed because uses c-callin interface for access to DB.

PHP-module for IRIS published by  @Sergey Kamenev 

This is PHP-module for InterSystems IRIS. In current moment module works only locally, on same server where running IRIS or Caché. Module has excelence speed because uses c-callin interface for access to DB.

TSQL Checkers v.1.0.0 published by @Anton Umnikov 

Demonstration of TSQL support in InterSystems IRIS. Checkers game

isclib v.2.1.0 published by @Kyle Michel 

Go library for interacting with InterSystems Corporation products like Cache and Ensemble<--break->

0   0 1

comments

views

rating