Question
· Sep 29, 2021
Locking / unlocking

Hi.

What is the best/right way to unlock the object in ObjectScript after the lock was acquired by %OpenId class method? Setting the opened object to null (Set object="") doesn't release the lock.

Regards,

Matjaž

0 19
0 592
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,809 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

I have a requirement which comes down to evaluating two fields, if they are both empty then provide a default value.

If one is empty but the other has a value, then set the empty one to the field with a value.

The screenshots are not the actual fields, I was just using the dtl and fields to prove out the solution.

When I saved and compiled in the Management Portal I got an error, but it still compiled.

0 4
0 196

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to IRIS with .NET 4.5 and I see is quite different from Cache Method.

I have a connection and I can invoke a Method but I can't get %Stream.GlobalCharacter value as Class property and I can't use it in a ByRef parameter. With Cache we had the Intersystems.Data.CacheTypes namespace to use this "special" types.

Is there any documentation to use the %Stream.GlobalCharacter as class property and ByRef Param?

Thanks!

0 7
0 436

We just upgrade from cache 2016.2 to IRIS 2020.1.1.

After this upgrade we cannot access to the portal web management, and dont give errors about that just this:

09/28/21-15:59:16:654 (20192) 1 [Utility.Event] Private web server has not started after 5 seconds.

Is this normal?

I followed the guide but dont talk nothing about that.

This is a normal problem when upgrading?

Thanks!!

0 3
0 497

Hi all,

I wonder how to sync my server code to my local code using Visual Studio Code.

Previously, using Atelier, you could open a view of server and can copy the code to the current project, also if I change a BP, I could sync the code because I had a signal that It's warning me that there was a change and it needs to be updated.

I thing i shouls opening the ObjectScript: Explorer and select the code directaly, and right click -> Import and compile current file (Ctrl + F7)

If I use this command, the ouptut window shows:

1 16
0 1.6K

Hey Community,

Get ready for the next French Stream on InterSystems Technologies!

The new monthly event hosted by @Guillaume Rongier for French-speaking developers familiar with InterSystems technologies will be live stream October 7th at 12:00 Paris time. You will discover all the news and tips related to our solutions!

👉 Direct link to join: https://youtu.be/Rbp-u-3vY-8

On the Agenda:

1 0
0 276

Hello,

I'm experiencing a recurrent problem that I haven't found the way to solve, so I'm coming here with the hope somebody can give me a new approach.

To make it short: we are creating categories on-demand to be able to place the maximum numbers of workers in memory, avoiding the limits established by system categories. But from time to time, one of this creation fails and system is no able to start the queue. The error we are getting is:

0 1
0 213

Hi developers, 

Serenji 3.2.0, the latest version from George James Software, was released last week and our current users have been enjoying trying out the new features (which you can find more about here). 

If you're thinking about trying Serenji for the first time, we've made it easier to get set up by adding a walkthrough on the VS Code Welcome page. It takes you through: 

• Setting up the server components.
  • Selecting a server namespace.
  • Saving and extending your workspace.
  • Requesting a debug license (don't forget we offer a free 30 day trial!) 

We've also added prompts and guidance throughout VS Code to open and add Serenji folders to your workspace and when going to run and debug code. 

This is just one of the ways we've enhanced the Serenji debugger to make straightforward and easy to use - so all you need to do is focus on your code. 

Serenji 3.2.0 Welcome Page Walkthrough

1 0
0 172

I am executing the command:

set fileComp = ##Class(SYS.Database).FileCompact(obj.Directory, freeSpace, .actualFree)

where obj.Directory contains the location of the current database

This executes correctly. However, the resultant OREF object does not contain any displayable properties but rather is of the value:

"0 "_$lb($lb(380,,,,,,,,,$lb(,"%SYS",$lb("e^zFileCompact+38^SYS.Database.1^1","e^^^0"))))/* ERROR #380: Completed but skipped some blocks, details recorded in the console log. */

0 2
0 202

I can start cache without issue. There are no errors in the console log. However, when I access the management portal the page fails to display instead displaying the error page with the error "CSP application closed the connection before sending a complete response". This was working yesterday so the root cause is not clear. Reviewing all log files, the only error I have found is in the csp.log. The error is:

0 2
0 456

How to find a global's original namespace ? Potentially mapped from a different namespace .

I have a global ^Custom that exists in multiple namespaces but it could mapped from namespace Drone(A) to Launch(B)

Without access to Cache management portal how to find where is my global located using cache code ?

Like if ^Custom == ^[Drone]Custom ??

0 5
0 308

Starting installation
Starting up InterSystems IRIS for loading...
../bin/irisinstall -s . -B -c c -C /usr/irissys/iris.cpf*IRIS -W 1 -g2
Starting Control Process
Unable to allocate 242 MB shared memory...
Unable to allocate 232 MB shared memory...
Configuring minimum system...
Unable to allocate 139 MB shared memory...
Unable to allocate shared memory minimum of 139MB (errno=22)
Startup aborted.
Startup error. See messages.log for more information.
Call InterSystems Technical Support if you need assistance.

0 11
0 332
Announcement
· Sep 27, 2021
Videos from HackMIT 2021

Hey Community,

Please welcome 4 new videos on InterSystems Developers YouTube from HackMIT 2021 healthcare track:

1. Meet InterSystems and Get Ready for the Challenge

https://www.youtube.com/embed/IdLLzHm9xNg
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 206

Hi!

We're doing a small data integration project at our university and I've run into a problem.

I'm trying to make a counter that records the amount of messages (a simple .txt file transfer) that pass through a process and dumps that amount into a text file (preferably with a timestamp) every 10 minutes or so.

What I've gathered it's possible to do it via SQL query but linking that query into a process is something I haven't found any info on.

Are there any semi-beginner friendly ways to do this?

Thanks in advance!

0 1
0 244
Question
· Sep 8, 2021
Arabic Language

Good Day

I have http response comes with strange characters "ليس لديه الØ", but it's normal when i test in postman. Is there any method to read arabic.

Regards

0 9
0 566

I have a terminal script that queries sys.process' and then parses the results writing to a logfile. As part of the processing of the results, each row of the result set includes an element from the static string. But I am not clear on the scoping of the static string. The write statement sees the static string as undefined. What I want is something to the affect:

set statStr = "aa|bb|.."

set sqlStatement = xxx

set tState = ##class(%SQL.Statement).%New()

set qStat = tState.%Prepare(< sql statement> )

0 2
0 203