Hey Developers,

Learn about the latest updates to InterSystems HealthShare Health Insight and what is coming next:

InterSystems HealthShare Health Insight: New & Next

https://www.youtube.com/embed/g82Z1cdI8N8
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 237
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,762 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi Developers,

It's time to announce the Winners for November 2021! Please welcome our awesome Global Masters Heroes!

The storm of applause goes to these developers and their great contribution to DC in November 2021:

🥇 @Robert Cemper, ex Senior Sales Engineer from InterSystems, Austria

🥈@Oliver Wilms, Integration Engineer, Take2 Consulting, USA

🥉 @Mary George, Team Lead, Barts Health NHS Trust UK

Learn more about the competition and our awesome winners below.

8 6
0 295

Hey Developers,

Thanks to everyone for participating in the Advent of Code 2021and coding in InterSystems ObjectScript! We're pleased to introduce the winners and distribute all the prizes!

Big applause goes to these developers:

@Kevin An (w/ repo)

@Yuval Golan (w/ repo)

@Oliver Wilms (w/ repo)

We'd also like to reward another developer who conquered Embedded Python and made all 25 challenges on it. Please welcome:

@Robert Cemper (w/ repo)

9 6
0 320
Discussion
· Dec 28, 2021
On Datasets Licensing

Hi developers!

We launched the datasets contest.

And one of the important questions that need to be covered is dataset licensing.

There are two general cases:

a) a dataset you take from another place in public Internet or private network/person.

b) a dataset you create by yourself or own for any other reason.

We decided to follow the principles and considerations that data.world site introduces for datasets' licensing.

0 2
0 207

Hi all

We are looking into automating worklist report SQL queries that we run manually on InterSystems IRIS platform but we would like to have them run on a Java application.

This means we must have a way to get our java application to talk to IRIS in order for those queries to run. Please advise on how to go about this?

Regards,

Ephraim Malane

0 3
0 211

We have an interface that need to be disabled then re-enabled when it starts to queue up. I wrote the following code to do this functionality in a process. This works in our development domain, but in production it says it fails to disable the job - it only shuts down the interface without updating the production/starting the interface back up. Error message: "Failed to stop job '36831290' within 60 seconds. Status '<unknown>"

Is there something wrong with how I'm trying to do this?

set tSC = ##class(Ens.Director).EnableConfigItem(itemname,0,0)

0 3
0 303

Hi Developers,

New video is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Embedded Python for ObjectScript Developers: Working with Python and ObjectScript Side-By-Side

https://www.youtube.com/embed/aUDLyWR2rPw
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

4 0
1 237
Article
· Dec 25, 2021 2m read
AOC2021-rcc

After >40 years of writing in-countable lines of code in M*/COS/ISOS (and a bunch of archaic languages)
I decided for myself to set a strong signal for the future. We have Embedded Python available
(still pre-release)! I just felt it as a sacrilege to ignore this excellent NEW opportunity and
stay with the old sermon that I had used for decades.

11 0
0 290

Hello,

I am in the process of trying to create a GIT repository and I am struggling to export all the relevant classes from Studio, as I only have access to Studio and not able to export via the Management Portal. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can export from Studio as one project to include all the relevant folders and its associated classes?

Are there also any recommended documentations/links you would suggest to help me get a better understanding of GIT and how it works etc?

Thanks!

Pavi

0 1
1 307

Hi Community,

New video is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Updates on Security: OpenSSL and a New "Security" Database

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Eb5kPw8-l08

3 0
0 257

Hey Community,

Welcome to the second InterSystems technical article writing competition! Write an article on any topic related to InterSystems technology:

🎄 InterSystems Tech Article Contest: Christmas Edition 🎄

Duration: November 25 – December 25, 2021

Prizes for everyone: Everyone who publishes an article on Dev Community during this period will receive a special prize pack!

Main Prizes: Apple AirPods Max / Oculus Quest 2 (VR Headset) / Amazon Kindle / Apple AirPods Pro / Raspberry Pi

Join our new contest and your content will be seen by over 55K monthly readers! Details below.

12 10
1 901

As you can see in my profile I teach at a university and I wanted to share my take on teaching IRIS (or Caché before it).

It’s been some time but I remember seeing a series of articles by @Yuri Marx earlier this year about the course “Developing with InterSystems Objects and SQL”. He actually gave a brief description of what’s done on Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3 with comments from instructor @Joel Solon. And I thought to myself, it may be interesting to share my experience.

7 6
1 281
Article
· Dec 21, 2021 8m read
IntegratedML hands-on lab

Have you tried the InterSystems learning platform lab for IRIS IntegratedML? In that lab you can train and test a model on a readmission dataset and be able to predict when a patient will be readmitted or not, or calculate its probability of being readmitted.

You can try it without any installation on your system, all you have to do is start a virtual lab environment (Zeppelin) and play it around!

9 2
2 475