Hi Community,

Let's meet together at the online meetup with winners of InterSystems Grand Prix contest!

A great opportunity to have a discussion with our Experts on InterSystems technology. Our winners' demo included!

Date & Time: Friday, June10, 2022 – 11:00 AM EDT

https://www.youtube.com/embed/qQDFN4UYBOI
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 1
0 203
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,824 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Article
· Nov 24, 2023 4m read
Journal File Indexer

Hi community!

In this article, I'm excited to introduce my latest application, Journal File Indexer. The development of this application is rooted in the portal idea DPI-I-270.

In short, this application lets you load and index a log file in a database.

Why?

If you've ever used the log file search function in the management portal, you may have encountered a timeout error or even a blank page. This problem usually occurs when searching a large journal file. Journal File Indexer solves this problem by considerably increasing the speed of searches once the file has been loaded into the database.

Another problem arises during the restoration process. When searching for global entries in a log file to restore old or new values, the management portal doesn't have this specific functionality. A routine must therefore be coded to achieve this. Journal File Indexer comes to the rescue, incorporating a restore function!

6 3
1 203
Question
· May 25, 2023
Getting IAM license

Hi,

I am trying to get the API Manager up and running.

I have enabled the application and IAM user and changed password.

when we run the iam_setup.sh I get the following.

Getting IAM license using your inputs...
Internal server error when testing inputs

I have check on Iris management portal , but could see no errors.

0 5
0 203

Hey Developers,

See how you can develop a .NET application and connect to InterSystems IRIS® data platform using one or more APIs:

Using NET to Connect to InterSystems IRIS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lUnsuGj1nys
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 203

VetsEZ is seeking a full-time remote InterSystems HealthShare / IRIS Architect to design and deliver integrated health solutions for our federal healthcare clients with a focus on automation and semantic interoperability. This role focuses on understanding complex technical and business requirements and translating them into highly scalable, robust integration architectures. Act as a technical lead, and mentor team members while maintaining a hands-on role.

The candidate must reside within the continental US.

Responsibilities:

0 0
0 203

Hey Developers,

New video is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Becoming More Effective with HL7 Feeds

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rzJTjStTZTE

2 0
0 203
Question
· Jan 15, 2019
Why <UNDEFINED> on SQL

I have an sql statement that I would like to execute but I get the error

"zSearchChanges+5^MergeHyland.TypeTwoUtil.1 *KeyID"

and here is my sq

l  "&sql(SELECT Key INTO :KeyID FROM MergeHyland.TypeTwoDimesionalTable WHERE Key = :Key)" any ideas why 
0 2
0 203
Question
· Aug 12, 2019
Expand EnsPortal

Hello,

How should I go about it to add a page to the EnsPortal? I want to display a dashboard like page and I would like to be able to have it accessible from Management Portal. I hope there is a better way than typing the URL in address bar. Is the menu for Management Portal editable?

Thanks,

Oliver

0 1
0 203

Hi Community,

Watch this video to learn different ways to connect and interact with event streaming platforms like Kafka:

Working with Event Streaming Platforms @ Global Summit 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/S_nmZx8iWp8

0 0
0 203

I have a terminal script that queries sys.process' and then parses the results writing to a logfile. As part of the processing of the results, each row of the result set includes an element from the static string. But I am not clear on the scoping of the static string. The write statement sees the static string as undefined. What I want is something to the affect:

set statStr = "aa|bb|.."

set sqlStatement = xxx

set tState = ##class(%SQL.Statement).%New()

set qStat = tState.%Prepare(< sql statement> )

0 2
0 203

I try to create a column with computeonchange.

Its works with CREATE TABLE sql command, but if i use ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN sql command this computeonchange doesn't works.

any reason why?

example:

CREATE TABLE MyStudents ( Name VARCHAR(16) NOT NULL, surname VARCHAR(16))

alter table MyStudents add column fullname Varchar(50) COMPUTECODE { SET {fullname}={Name}_ "?" _{surname}} COMPUTEONCHANGE (Name,surname)

insert into SQLUser.MyStudents (Name, surname) values ('name1',null)

update MyStudents set name = 'name' where name = 'name1'

0 1
0 203
Question
· Apr 24, 2019
80 bytes wrapped X12 files

Hello, our X12 File Service won't process files we encountered X12 files where they inserted CR LF after 80 bytes repeatedly in the middle of segments. X12 Parser does not seem to like it. I see there is a Whitespace property in Adapter. I am not sure if it ignores white space in the middle of a segment. I also heard about TolerateNewLine setting but I believe this also does not tolerate New Lines in the middle of a segment. We will probably have to read the file, strip out any CR and LF, write to a new file that the X12 file service can process.

0 1
0 203

BridgeWorks is pleased to announce a VDM, v9.1.0.1. This release includes the following updates:

Updates

• Historical Linking is now based off connection profile name
  • Saved Formatting is now based off connection profile name
  • Tables and Fields column headers no longer hide based on connection type

Bug Fixes

1 0
1 203

Hello,

I would like to get a list of all globals that have been read or written during a given context. In Portal, there are counters in dashboard that give the number of read/write to globals in general.

What I am looking for :

- some handler (eg: like $ZTRAP) that will be called everytime something is read/written to a global.

- to activate a "global log mode" in Portal that will dump some information to a file (like ^ISCSOAP for SOAP requests).

1 2
0 203

Hello everyone,

I have a question, I am trying to use xecute command, but something wrong happen when i was using the command, and i don't know why hahahaha.

I created a file .mac with this code:

label(test) public{
       set routine="variable"
       set call="write routine,!"
       xecute call
       quit
}

But when i run the command, show me this message error:

<UNDEFINED>label+3^tstFJR3 *routine

After that i changed the code to:

0 4
0 203

Common macro def as following

#def AnyNumber(%args) for i=1:1:$listlength(%args) { Write $listget(%args, i)}

Using this marcro in objectscript code:

ClassMethod Test() as %Status {

$$$AnyNumber($lb(1,2,3))

}

if ths args is literal value , Iit worked great. But When I want pass Objects, It's not working

$$$AnyNumber($lb(##class(someClass).%New()))

I know I can pass a %ListObjects , If I want more shorter Line. How can I do this.

Tks

0 1
0 202

Hello developers!

Share the best practices: 1) saving frequently used code sections, 2) quickly finding it, and 3) quickly including it into the current program?
There was a thought for 1,2 to use DC(this resource), but the search is not always convenient not only for me

The idea on the surface is to use the git repos wiki.
Are there any other best practices?

0 12
0 202

Episode 19 of Data Points features a conversation with Benjamin De Boe about the 2021.1 release of InterSystems IRIS! The conversation covers new improvements in analytics, business intelligence, machine learning, development gateways, FHIR capability, and more.

https://5e18edf067eb59-03854285.castos.com/player/466069

3 0
1 202