InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,826 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

I use the following code to start a start a job :

Class MyClass Extends (...)
{
    ClassMethod Foo()
    {
       job $CLASSMETHOD("MyClass","MyMethod") //take forever depending hardware
    }

ClassMethod MyMethod()
    {
       //do database related stuff
    }
}

On local environment, calling Foo() is instantaneous (a few ms). On production/test servers (which have much better hardware than local) calling this function is slow and take between 200 ms to 800 ms. Obviously starting a new job with "job" command take lot of time on those environments.

0 3
0 257

Hi Community!

The new video from Global Summit 2019 is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

A Skeptics Guide to Containers

https://www.youtube.com/embed/S1E88B-sFcY
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 257
Question
· Oct 17, 2018
SQLGateWay performance.

I have a ZEN page with nine tablepanes. Each tablepane queries a table in the same SQLServer db. I have a single SQLGateWay(odbc) to this SQLServer db. I need to get better performance when I query all nine table at the same time. Would my performance improve if I had nine SQLGateWays(nine odbc configurations/connections), one for each query? I would appreciate any and all suggestions for getting the very best performance when using SQLGateWays. Thank you.

0 1
0 257

Hi,

I recently moved to a Mac M2. I was already using VSCode on my intel-based Mac, and used the plug "objectscriptQuality for VSCode". It installs nicely, but it does not seem to do anything, not even an error. I installed the same java version (but ARM based) as on my old machine so that prerequisite is met. Also set the path to java in VSCode.

Any clues/has anyone got this working on a Mac based on Apple silicon M1/M2 chips?

Thanks.

0 5
0 257

Hey Developers,

Don't miss this hands-on session hosted by @Don Woodlock, Vice President of InterSystems Healthcare:

Machine Learning 201 - Neural Networks and Image Recognition

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lDRemLwc_U4
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 1
2 257

After I loaded the intersystems/iam:0.34-1-1 image in local, I am trying to do the next step of configuration.

2) Configure your InterSystems IRIS instance

2a) Enable the /api/IAM web application
2b) Enable the IAM user
2c) Change the password for the IAM user

Do we need to change these settings in iris.cpf file? any inputs where we have to configure? I have IRIS 2019.1.1 installed in my machine.

Thanks,

Nag.

0 2
0 257
Question
· Nov 4, 2021
IRIS Language Bridge Python

At the recent virtual conference I saw the demonstration on being able to run Python within ObjectScript and run ObjectScript within Python thanks to a feature called Language Bridge. Is this available now? If so, am I able to install it? I am currently running HealthShare 2020.1. I have a little bit of experience using Irisnative with Python but was intrigued with the more seamless-looking features offered by the Language Bridge.

Thanks for any insight.

Marlin Mixon

1 5
0 257
Question
· Feb 7, 2018
Next Word Behavior

When using Atelier on COS ctrl-left and ctrl-right considers a word to start on each capital letter in variable names. So if you are on the word:

UpdateServerName

The cursor will stop on the capital U, S, and N. Same thing in javascript files, but NOT in css files. In Studio it didn't use to stop on capital letters in variable names etc. Personally I consider this very annoying and requires a lot more key presses to jump across code to the right spot.

Is this behavior changeable to NOT stop on capital letters?

0 2
0 257

I'm moving onto a new role soon and my System integration lead post has become available.

So please apply to come and work for a challenging, hard working and dedicated solutions team as a System Integration Lead at East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust.

At ENHT we're on an exciting digital transformation journey and in this role you'll be key to helping deliver this.

Please see full details on the link below:

1 0
0 257

Summary: Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the enterprise interface environment. This includes the implementation, configuration, coordination, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, monitoring, and support documentation of interfaces between various hospital applications. Integrations can include HL7, batch, custom scripts, etc. as required. Incumbent must ensure the interface environment maintains the highest reliability and performance along with keeping the environment on the cutting edge of current technologies.

0 0
0 257

You may have already heard that, starting with IRIS and HealthShare HealthConnect 2023.2 versions, the internal Apache Server will be removed from the default installation, so it will be necessary to have an external application server such as Apache Server or NGINX.

In this article I am going to proceed to install a HealthShare HealthConnect 2023.1 so that it works with a pre-installed Apache Server. For this I will use a virtual machine on which I have installed an Ubuntu 22.04.

2 0
2 257

I have a file passthrough service that should check for new new files every 10 minutes, process them and then wait again for 10 minutes, even if there are new files waiting in the source directory. The "CallInterval" value feels like a wrong tool for this need since it would keep the service "locked" for a maximun of 10 minutes before releasin resources. Is there a better way than CallInterval to schedule the service to poll for files every 10 minutes?

0 2
0 256

Hi Community!

We are proud to announce that InterSystems will be hosting the Women's Health - FemTech: Much More than A Niche Market!

⏱ Time: July 28, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM EDT
📍 Location: Online event

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BYN1a7oMPds

1 0
0 256

Hello,

I am using a class based on %UnitTest.TestProduction to test Health Connect production.

I read in Class Reference IRIS for UNIX 2020.1:

Note: This class is not intended to be used in InterSystems IRIS instances.

Why should this not be used in IRIS? I have not seen any difference using this with HealthConnect 2017 or IRIS 2020.1

0 1
0 256