Presenter: Jeff Semmens
Task: Model and access data as objects in .NET without designing the database first
Approach: Use InterSystems Entity Framework

Description: Come and experience how you can design your database model in .NET and evolve it over time by leveraging the Entity Framework.

Problem: Current bindings require database-first design. I cannot design my model in .NET.

Solution: The Entity Framework is an object-relational mapping framework that allows data-oriented applications to model and access their data as objects in .NET. Database- first is still supported but will fade away in future releases.

Content related to this session, including slides, video and additional learning content can be found here.

0 0
0 258
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,823 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

I want to write the values that are stored in an array into the OBX 5 field. The text in MyArray(1) will go in the the first OBX 5 field. Then the text in MyArray(2) will populate the next OBX 5 field.

My question is how do you format the Set > Action Tab > Value entry so that it pulls the data from MyArray(source.{PIDgrpgrp().ORCgrp().OBXgrp().OBX:SetIDOBX})

0 1
0 258

It's time to announce the Winners for December! Please welcome our awesome Global Masters Heroes!

The storm of applause goes to these developers and their great contribution to DC in December:

🥇 @Enrico Parisi, Senior Consultant, Gaivota Consulting SA, Switzerland
🥈 @Tani Frankel , Sales Engineer Manager, InterSystems, Israel
🥉
@Daniel Aguilar, Senior Developer, Aquaservice, Spain

Learn more about the competition and our awesome winners below.

7 12
0 258

Hi Community,

New video is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Updates on Security: OpenSSL and a New "Security" Database

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Eb5kPw8-l08
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

3 0
0 258

We are updating from 2015.1.1 to 2017.2. I am testing the Hot JVM functionality to see if our current functionality is working in the new version of 2017.

I am having a problem trying to make it "fail".

Generally if I put in an invalid renderport then I usually get an error. Now if I put in an invalid renderport it generates the PDF anyway (FOP).

Was there a change where if it fails using the renderserver then it will create a new instance of Java to produce the PDF?

0 3
0 258

InterSystems announces its first preview, as part of the developer preview program for the 2023.2 release. This release will include InterSystems IRIS and InterSystems IRIS for Health.

Highlights

Many updates and enhancements have been added in 2023.2 and there are also brand-new capabilities, such as Time-Aware Modeling, enhancements of Foreign Tables, and the ability to use Ready-Only Federated Tables. Some of these features or improvements may not be available in this current developer preview.

0 3
0 258

We have a rest service that collects production status information like whether a connection is disabled, enabled, etc.

I would like to present that data in a DeepSee dashboard but do not know how to create a pivot that accesses the data gathered by the service.

Does anyone have any information or documentation about how a dashboard would be configured to use use a Rest service?

Thank you

0 2
1 258

Hey Developers,

Please welcome a new set of Global Masters badges for ✔️Accepted Answers on Developer Community!

As you may remember, you get +150 points on Global Masters each time your answer marked as accepted on DC. And now we have a special set of badges and additional points for a number of accepted answers!

Badge's Name
Rules

Master of Answers - 5 accepted answers on DC

+ 4,000 points

Awarded after your 5 / 10 / 25 / 50 answers marked as accepted answers on the Developer Community.

Bronze Master of Answers - 10 accepted answers on DC

+8,000 points

Silver Master of Answers - 25 accepted answers on DC

+20,000 points

Gold Master of Answers - 50 accepted answers on DC

+40,000 points

And...

6 3
0 258

My original ZAUTHENTICATE.mac to use Delegated sign on did not include GetCredentials(), however I am being told it probably should have it so I am eliminate an error I am seeing when trying to troubleshoot the ZAUTHENTICATION. I am trying to add the GetCredentials() from the documentation to the existing ZAUTHENTICATE.mac but I am getting an error

0 7
0 258
Question
· Jan 26, 2023
Line Separator

Hello all,
I am facing a little issue with line separators. I export classes with $SYSTEM.OBJ.Export to the file system, but I'm on a Linux (docker) environment and he uses LF.

Is it somehow possible to change the line separator for the export or in general?

Thanks in advance!

Bests, Matthias

0 6
0 258

Does anyone know of an API that will do a hostname look-up based on IP? We could of course use call-out but the format of the results vary based on OS and if there is already an ObjectScript tool which will parse this then we'd rather use what is already available.

Thanks!
Ben

0 4
0 258

Hi ,

I have a code written in cache sql and trying to understand it, below is the code , can anyone help me understand what does that mean

ex - !! dosage_unit !!

SELECT (CASE WHEN (order_description IS NULL OR (order_description='')) THEN '' ELSE (order_description) END) !! (CASE WHEN (dosage IS NULL OR dosage_unit IS NULL OR (dosage='') OR (dosage_unit='')) THEN '' ELSE (', ' !! dosage !! ' ' !! dosage_unit !!

Thank You in advance.

1 12
0 257

Hi Community,

We'll look at moving InterSystems workload to the public cloud, then take a deep dive into the current architectures on the InterSystems cloud platform:

InterSystems Solutions in AWS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/N8MfDLngcSc
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 257
Announcement
· May 8, 2020
New Video: FHIR Update

Hi Community!

The new video from Global Summit 2019 is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

FHIR Update

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2rLokuiAjE8

0 4
0 257

Hello, I am trying to get the Zen Print Server to work so that i can use the pdfprint mode in Zen Reports. Zen Reports will create pdfs just fine, so that part is working. And the printer works fine from other applications on this computer and I have verified the printer name a bunch of times.

This is Caché 2016.2 on Windows 10. I have tried this using Adobe 11.0 and Adobe DC. I have made and started a Zen Report Print Server with

Name = "ZenPrint"

Port = "4321"

and Ping Port = "4320"

0 4
0 257
Question
· Jul 25, 2022
Process XML document

Hi all,

I am looking at a task which involves processing an XML file. Picking the file up from a folder (c:\test.xml) reading the data out of the XML and archiving the xml after it has been processed.

I was wondering what the best way of doing this would be?

I have got as far as creating a service in Ensemble. The Service I have created uses the class name EnsLib.XML.Object.Service.FileService.

Any advice or tutorials/guides would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

0 3
0 257

Hi Community!

The new video from Global Summit 2019 is already on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

A Skeptics Guide to Containers

https://www.youtube.com/embed/S1E88B-sFcY

0 0
0 257