Hi Community,

Please welcome the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Advances in Security

https://www.youtube.com/embed/PR9OF4QleWg
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
1 251
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,818 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi Community,

On 8-9 June 2020 InterSystems UK & Ireland will be hosting the annual events for its customers, offering both technical and strategic insight content on the different ways to achieve successful digital innovation:

➡️ InterSystems UKI Developer MeetUp

➡️ InterSystems UKI Innovation Day

InterSystems is committed to your success, and to ensure we make the best use of your valuable time, we would like to understand more about the technology drivers and challenges your business is facing now, and how you are preparing beyond 2020.

With your help, we can ensure that the conference agenda features topics relevant to your business, with information that will maximize your IT investment and partnership with InterSystems.

The survey will only take an estimated 3 minutes to complete. Thank you in advance for your feedback!

SAVE THE DATE

Keep your eyes peeled for an official event invitation in coming weeks, but you can save the date and register your interest here.

0 0
0 181

Hi Developers!

This is the digest of new solutions and applications submitted to InterSystems OpenExchange in February 2020!

New applications in February 2020

EXCEL SUDOKU by alex kosinets

Sudoku game implementation in Excel using InterSystems IRIS as a server

RESTForms2 by Henry Hamon Pereira

RESTForms2 is a framework to create the REST API for InterSystems IRIS persistent objects automatically

FirstLook-Globals by Evgeny Shvarov

Firstlook example of InterSystems Globals

IRIS Interoperability Message Viewer by Henrique Gonçalves Dias

A new approach for the Interoperability Message Viewer

iKnow by Benjamin De Boe

The iKnow Natural Language Processing technology was originally developed in Belgium and then acquired by InterSystems in 2010. In February 2020, InterSystems published the technology to open source, expanding the possible use cases for it beyond embedded use from the InterSystems IRIS Data Platform. iKnow is open to community contributions to enhance the engine, language models and interfaces for use in-text exploration, information extraction, and machine learning use cases.

0 0
0 148

Hi Everyone,

I've been working on deploying an IRIS for Health environment in EKS. There is a video session in the InterSystems learning portal about this feature but I have not succeeded in finding the proper documentation and resources to use this in my Kubernetes cluster.

Has this been deprecated/discontinued? Any idea where can I find the resources? Should I stick to StatefulSets instead of using the IrisCluster resource type provided by this operator?

0 3
1 358
Article
· Mar 2, 2020 2m read
SQL -99 error while viewing a listing

This error is sometimes seen while viewing a listing in InterSystems IRIS Business Intelligence:
ERROR #5540: SQLCODE: -99 Message: User <USERNAME> is not privileged for the operation (4)

As the error suggests, this is due to a permission error. To figure out which permissions are missing/needed, we can take a look at the SQL query that is generated. We will use a query from SAMPLES as an example.

1 0
0 808

Hi,

I have a production with a BS calling a BP calling another BP and so on and finally a BO. All calls are made using SendRequestSync.

The initial request is passed by value. The response is passed by ref and I allocate memory for it in the BO, hoping that it will go back to the initial caller in the BS, but it does not.

It looks like the following:

0 3
0 319
Question
· Mar 1, 2020
SQL Inbound Adapter Errors

Hi,

I created a BS with a SQL Inbound Adapter.

Query = "SELECT rowid, fname ,lname,datesent
FROM labs
WHERE datesent IS NOT NULL"

DeleteQuery = " update labs set datesent = Getdate() where rowid = ?"

KeyFieldName = "rowid"

i am getting the following errors.

"NOT assuming network disconnect error based on: Gateway failed: DropStatement."

"Skipping previously errored row '235'"

0 1
0 287
Question
· Feb 28, 2020
How to get a Numbers View

In T-SQL, I can create a recursive CTE to create a subquery or a view that will hold a whole lot of numbers. Is there a way to do this in Cache SQL? I'd like the numbers from 0 to 10000 if possible.

Thanks!

0 3
0 282

Let's say I start with a date range of '1-5-2019' to '5-25-2019' that occurs on one row. I'd like to ultimately have this show as 5 rows in Crystal Reports as shown below

Result

1-5-2019 1-31-2019

2-1-2019 2-28-2019

3-1-2019 3-31-2019

4-1-2019 4-30-2019

5-1-2019 5-25-2019

I found a result that worked in T-SQL, but I'm not sure how to translate it to Cache SQL. The T-SQL code is

1 3
0 286

Our company is in the process of converting our software for use in Intersystems IRIS and one of the major sections of the software makes use of a custom statically-linked C library using the $ZF("function-name") functionality. During this, I found out that the process for setting up the C library to be used within the database platform has changed significantly between Cache and IRIS.

5 0
0 252

I am new to Intersystems cache COS scripts (cache is a client system). ThoughCOS scripts basically appear to be straight forward, I am having issues with the logon credentials. From what I have found in the documentation, the first 2 lines of the script contain the U/P. When running the script, the username is picked up correctly but the password is not. Granted, having U/P in a script is not ideal but will suffice as a matter of learning if I can figure out the formatting/syntax required. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Kevin McGinn

0 3
0 281
Question
· Feb 28, 2020
SQLCODE Error -400

I have a code block in a BPL. I have the below SQL and code. All variables have been declared and set. When I run the SQL, if there are no values returned, I get 100 for the value of SQLCODE when I perform the FETCH, which is correct. If values are returned, I get a -400 error when I perform the first FETCH. I've investigated, but cannot find the reason for a -400 error. Hoping someone out here understands this and knows what's wrong.

0 2
0 1.6K

Hi Community,

As you know we have a Global Masters program — InterSystems Data Platform Advocacy Hub.

All Global Masters members (Advocates) can achieve various levels of advocacy which depends on contributions on Developer Community and activity in Global Masters. Every new level opens new types of challenges (tasks) and new types of rewards.

Recently we introduced a new level of advocacy with the name "Ambassador". Ambassadors and VIPs will have unique privileges and opportunities.

1 0
0 177

Hello I am looking to take a message that is coming from a radiology service, depict whether there were abnormal findings. Then create a message that can be sent to a printer and mailed for patient follow up. Has anyone done anything with printing a created message from Ensemble before? I have created dynamic emails, but never printed anything.

Thanks!

Joe

0 2
0 213

Hello Community,

My Intersystems Caché Version: 1.2014 (Can't update now.)

I have the following issue:

I have for example an articlenumber with 15049950, which is numeric. But sometimes it can also be an alphanumeric string like PK15049950.

How can i set numbers always to string in Json Stream with quotes like "15049950".

Code Example:

set object = ##class(%ZEN.proxyObject).%New()

set articlenumber = "15049950"

set object.articlenumber = articlenumber

0 3
0 278

In Episode 4 of Data Points, we welcome @Benjamin De Boe to the pod to discuss some of the things you can do to optimize your SQL queries in InterSystems IRIS. We've all heard — either from ourselves or from others — the "this runs too slowly" complaint. I thought Benjamin did a great job walking through many of the things within IRIS you can look at with your queries to see what can be improved.

https://5e18edf067eb59-03854285.castos.com/player/153376
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 205

I have a simple python script to pull table information from cache 2018.1.2 which is on a windows 10 machine. I get no results though the same query in the management portal works correctly:

import os
import sys
import intersys.pythonbind3 as ipyb
import numpy as np

# Connect to the Cache' database
url = "localhost[1972]:%SYS"
user = "xxxx"
password = "zzzzz"

accessKey = (url, user, password)

def main(accessKey):

0 8
0 235

Hi Developers,

Enjoy watching the new video on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

SQL Performance: Need for Speed

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ASO_OG1xxgc

1 0
1 298