InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,533 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Dec 4, 2023
Custom Application Metric

I made a custom application metric, imported it to the USER namespace and used:

set status = ##class(SYS.Monitor.SAM.Config).Add.ApplicationClass("historymonitor.errorSensor", "USER")

to add it. When I do 'w status' it returns 1 so it is added but I still can't see the custom metric in the api/monitor/metrics endpoint. Even though I added %DB_USER in the application roles for api/monitor.

Does anyone know where the problem might be that the metrics endpoint still doesn't show my metric?

0 1
0 101
Question
· Sep 1, 2021
AWS SSO Login

Hello,

We are using AWS SSO authentication in our application to validate the users. For validating the users, we are passing the username and password from AWS SSO to our application. We need to validate the user in our application without using the password.

We developed the login class using zenPage. We used <loginForm> tag in the login page which is used for the automatic validation.
Is there any possible way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

0 1
0 228

Hello,

I am a clinician and we use Trakcare Lab LIMS at our institution.

We understand histopathology reports are directly typed, stored and uploaded directly to the LIMS.

For clinical audit purpose we need to download these reports directly in text format in bulk. Can anyone offer some technical assistance in retrieval of these histopathology reports? Is there any script that can be run to access, retrieve and download these reports?

0 1
0 171

Hello Community,.

I've updated the IRIS community form 2023.2 to 2023.3 and I didn't see the User defined(Sample) error messages in ^IRIS.Msg global even I verified in both pointer and data level. I re run the set x=##class(%MessageDictionary).Import("error.xml") After import I could see the pointers and data in ^IRIS.Msg

Is the User defined error will reset from the server after IRIS upgrade?

0 1
0 78

The attached code package provides a simple implementation of a web service client that utilizes the USPS Shipping API to normalize an address.

This code requires the developer to obtain a USPS Shipping API user ID which can be obtained from the USPS shipping API website. The assigned User Id can either be passed into the web service call as a parameter or can be coded as a parameter into the Request object.

2 1
0 403
Article
· Jan 11, 2019 4m read
SQL Performance Resources

There are three things most important to any SQL performance conversation: Indices, TuneTable, and Show Plan. The attached PDFs includes historical presentations on these topics that cover the basics of these 3 things in one place. Our documentation provides more detail on these and other SQL Performance topics in the links below. The eLearning options reinforces several of these topics. In addition, there are several Developer Community articles which touch on SQL performance, and those relevant links are also listed.

There is a fair amount of repetition in the information listed below. The most important aspects of SQL performance to consider are:

1. The types of indices available
  2. Using one index type over another
  3. The information TuneTable gathers for a table and what it means to the Optimizer
  4. How to read a Show Plan to better understand if a query is good or bad
8 1
4 905

Hi Everyone!

New session recording from Global Summit 2018 is available on InterSystems Developers YouTube Channel:

Automating Enforcement of Code Standards

https://www.youtube.com/embed/F0uI9pkUiu4
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

4 1
1 302

As of today, the Angular Clone CCR page is now live for CCR Beta Users. Beta testers will be sent to the Angular clone page from anywhere you would normally clone a CCR. No existing functionality will be lost.

Any issues or feedback can be reported here or in your regular support channels.

Many thanks to our CCR UI beta testers! If you would like to join the beta tester program, you can enable the checkbox on your CCR user page here.

Other pages in Beta: Create CCR Page

1 1
0 126

Hi Developers,

Thank you so much for being a part of the InterSystems Developer Community Ecosystem for yet another year!

We love that you participate in the life of the Developer Community, Open Exchange, Global Masters, and Ideas Portal.

We'd like to know how useful are our portals for you at this point. Please take a few moments to let us know what you think and what could be improved:

👉 InterSystems Developer Ecosystem Annual Survey 2023 👈

Note: The survey will take less than 10 minutes to complete.

1 1
0 67

Do you ever spend an age entering criteria in the message viewer page, trying to find a message just to realise you're in the wrong instance of IRIS?

Or get lost in a sea of message tabs struggling to spot that Visual Trace page your were JUST looking at?

Well, have you tried the IRIS WHIZ browser extension and its suite of tools designed to help you avoid such unpleasantness?

3 1
2 106

I'm connecting to a remote device using TCP. It has a binary protocol.

set host = ""
set port = ""
set io = $io
set device = "|TCP|7000"

set timeout = 2
open device:(host:port:"M")
use device:(/IOT="RAW")
read string:timeout

use io
zzdump string

The problem is when reading from it, I get a 0A (also known as 10 or \n or linefeed) byte, which terminates the read.

Expected output:

0000: 42 00 7B 0A 11

But I get this output:

0000: 42 00 7B

How can I fix that?

0 1
0 241

Hi,

I would like some help/ information regarding queued messages.

I have 1040 messages that are queued, but I only want to process the first 28 of them. Is there a way that I can do that?

If I abort them, would all of them go away?

Would appreciate if you can advice me on this

Regards,

Eric

0 1
0 599

Given the number of new features in this release, InterSystems has decided to add this fifth preview as part of the 2024.1 developer preview program. This extended developer preview release only includes InterSystems IRIS® for HealthTM, and HealthShare® Health Connect.

❗This announcement does not apply for InterSystems IRIS®

1 1
0 67

Hi,
I am facing issue during LDAP lookup like whenever I used product group parameter in AD explorer to search data from application I am getting empty result. If I set product group parameter as null then based on distinguished name result is generated in application. So if anyone knows about how LDAP works and how parameters are set in AD explorer then please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

0 1
0 263
Contestant
Article
· Mar 24 8m read
Python BPL in preview

BPL from 10,000 feet

BPL stands for Business Process Language.
This is an XML format for describing complex information orchestration interactions between systems.
InterSystems Integration engine has for two decades, provided a visual designer to build, configure, and maintain, BPL using a graphical interface.
Think of it like drawing a process flow diagram that can be compiled and deployed.

8 1
0 78

Hi,

Most of my development experience is with HL7v2 interfaces and I don't have a background in web development and I'm very weak with javascript.

I'm looking for suggestions of learning resources to learn FHIR and 'SMART on FHIR' (JavaScript, OpenID connect, OAuth2) for developers like myself who mostly do HL7v2 integrations - but see FHIR as the future - and want to develop their skills!

I've found these

1 1
1 1.5K

You might of seen or might of not seen my earlier post about Exporting a Production from 2018.1 to import it into 2021.1. I was able to get the export working, however I noticed in reviewing the data within the export, our previous Workday XML Schemas that we imported via XSD files were not in the export. When walking through the export process under Message Schema or vDoc Schema I could not find the missing XML Schema structures. Why aren't XML's part of the export process if they are used within the Production?

0 1
0 348

Hey Community,

Learn how you can develop a Node.js application and connect to InterSystems IRIS data platform through the Native API:

Using Node js to connect to InterSystems IRIS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/YMQ3N_95JPc
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 1
0 296
Question
· Aug 15, 2019
Error on Trakcare Report

Hi,

I am trying to create a new report on Trakcare. I created a class file and corresponding crystal report . It works fine and data is populating when I try to run on crystal environment. But when I make a setup on Trakcare and click on print option, I am getting an error on print history " VB error in tkCrystalJob] Error number[-2147417848] Method '~' of object '~' failed [at line 421]". If I click on print preview option its going to empty browser. Inorder to setup new report, already made set up on report manager and menu manager.

0 1
0 404