Some changes in IRIS configuration require a restart of IRIS.
This is no big issue as long as I have access to the server command line with sufficient privileges.

In a container, this is not always given.
Stopping IRIS from the terminal/session prompt is no problem.
But the restart after is.

Note1: container start-stop is no option as it might be removed by option --rm in docker run
Note2: the target is linux (manly in docker). Windows is excluded

GitHub

9 4
0 724
Article
· Nov 22, 2021 2m read
Apache Zeppelin + IRIS Quick Start

Apache Zeppelin it's a Multi-purpose notebook that allow you:

• Data Ingestion
  • Data Discovery
  • Data Analytics
  • Data Visualization and Collaboration.

Apache Zeppelin interpreter concept allows any language/data-processing-backend to be plugged into Zeppelin. Currently Apache Zeppelin supports many interpreters such as Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Python, R, JDBC, Markdown and Shell.

4 4
2 436

Hello, developers!

In this article, I will show you how to configure FHIR repository + OAuth2 authorization server/resource server on IRIS for Health following the previous article.

In Part 1, we introduced the preliminary preparations, configuring the OAuth2 authorization server, and obtaining the access token.
Part 2 will show you how to build an FHIR repository and configure an OAuth2 client/resource server.

3 3
1 1.1K
Article
· Mar 27, 2021 3m read
IRIS easy ECP workbench

Testing ECP-based applications often take quite some effort for setup and preparation.
I have created a Docker-based workbench that allows you to have it quick at hands.
And if you crash it? You just give your containers a fresh start.
The whole setup runs code-based during the start-up of your instance.
In that sense, it is also a portable coding example using ZPM and the objectscript-docker-template

see Video

4 3
0 464

Recently I wanted to get a list of all cached queries and their texts. Here's how to do that.

First create an SQL Procedure returning Cache Query text from a Cached Query routine name:

Class test.CQ
{

/// SELECT test.CQ_GetText()
ClassMethod GetText(routine As %String) As %String [ CodeMode = expression, SqlProc ]
{
##class(%SQLCatalog).GetCachedQueryInfo(routine)
}

}

And after that you can execute this query:

4 3
0 563
Article
· Sep 29, 2021 4m read
6 Months Reviews on Open Exchange

I'm running reviews on Open Exchange since April 2021.
I have seen excellent packages, good ones, and some that made me feel just lost.
And I started to recognize contributors also by their style and organization of the submitted packages.

8 3
0 398
Article
· Dec 19, 2021 5m read
IntegratedML walkthrough

The InterSystems IRIS IntegratedML feature is used to get predictions and probabilities using the AutoML technique. The AutoML is a Machine Learning technology used to select the better Machine Learning algorithm/model to predict status, numbers and general results based in the past data (data used to train the AutoML model). You don't need a Data Scientist, because the AutoML it will test the most common Machine Learning algorithms and select the better algorithm to you, based in the data features analysed. See more here, in this article.

4 3
1 710
Article
· Aug 20, 2021 6m read
GitHub Codespaces with IRIS

Some time ago GitHub, has announced the new feature, GitHub Codespaces. It gives an ability to run VSCode in the browser, with almost the same power as it would run locally on your machine, but also with a power of clouds, so, you are able to choose the machine type with up to 32 CPU cores and 64 GB of RAM.

Looks impressive, is not it? But how it could help us, to work with projects driven by InterSystems IRIS? Let's have a look, how to configure it for us.

17 3
7 925

I have just created a new Global Master Topic, "IRIS Cheatsheets". IRIS has introduced a lot of new functionality, especially in scripting languages, FHIR R4 support, enhanced Interoperability Tools, and IRIS Analytics. Having spent 35 years working on Windows-based PC's and Laptops, I have surprisingly little knowledge of Linux, Docker and Git. Furthermore, I have written almost every application and Interface in ObjectScript with splatterings of SQL, .Net, and Java Gateways and the most basic knowledge of WinSCP, Putty, SSH. All that changed when I received my first Raspberry Pi.

8 3
1 460

cAdvisor (short for container Advisor) analyzes and exposes resource usage and performance data from running containers. cAdvisor exposes Prometheus metrics out of the box.

https://prometheus.io/docs/guides/cadvisor/

Prometheus is integrated in SAM. This makes it possible to leverage the cAdvisor metrics and expose them via Prometheus and Grafana.

5 2
0 1.3K
Article
· Dec 4, 2021 6m read
Why? How? What's zap-api-scan-sample?

Hey community, how are you all doing?

What if you could check if your REST application is susceptible to some vulnerability? What if you could check if any known attacks affect your application?

With these issues in mind, we've brought our sample application using the ZAP testing tool. A way to quickly, conveniently provide tools for developers to validate security issues in an accessible manner practically.

8 2
0 1.1K

IMPORTANT NOTE InterSystems no longer provides a separate InterSystems Reports Server container. To run containerized InterSystems Reports Server, use Logi Reports Server container and your InterSystems Reports Server license. Documentation.

InterSystems Reports is powered by Logi Report (formerly named JReport), a product of Logi Analytics. InterSystems Reports is supported by InterSystems IRIS and InterSystems IRIS for Health. It provides a robust modern reporting solution that includes:

• Embedded operational reporting which can be customized by both report developers and end users.
  • Pixel-perfect formatting that lets you develop highly specific form grids or other special layout elements for invoices, documents, and forms.
  • Banded layouts that provide structure for aggregated and detailed data.
  • Exact positioning of headers, footers, aggregations, detailed data, images, and sub-reports.
  • A variety of page report types.
  • Large-scale dynamic report scheduling and distribution including export to PDF, XLS, HTML, XML, and other file formats, printing, and archiving for regulatory compliance.

InterSystems Reports consists of:

• A report designer, which provides Design and Preview Tabs that enable report developers to create and preview reports with live data.
  • A report server which provides end users browser-based access to run, schedule, filter, and modify reports.

From InterSystems documentation.

This article focuses on the Server part of InterSystems Reports and provides a guide on running Report Server in containers while persisting all the data.

6 2
3 677

The 2021.2 release of the InterSystems IRIS Data Platform includes many exciting new features for fast, flexible and secure development of your mission-critical applications. Embedded Python definitely takes the limelight (and for good reason!), but in SQL we've also made a massive step forward towards a more adaptive engine that gathers detailed statistical information about your table data and exploits it to deliver the best query plans. In this brief series of articles, we'll take a closer at three elements that are new in 2021.2 and work together towards this goal, starting with Run Time Plan Choice.

It's hard to figure out the right order to talk about these (you can't imagine how often I've reshuffled them in writing this article!) because they fit together in such a nice way. As such, feel free to go on a limb and read these in random order smiley.

13 2
1 664
Article
· Jan 16, 2021 3m read
Creating and listing XData definitions

Hi InterSystems Community!

The ObjectScript language of InterSystems IRIS has the ability to extend classes using a very interesting feature called XData.

It is a section in your class that can be used to create custom definitions to be used within the class itself and also externally.

To create one or more XData definitions for your class is very easy, see the example:

2 2
0 351

Making a blog using Python + IRIS Globals

Since I started to use internet (late 90's), I always had a CMS (content management system) present to make easier post
any information in a blog, social media or even an enterprise page. And later years putting all my code into github I
used to document it on a markdown file. Observing how easy could be persisting data into Intersystems IRIS with the
Native API I decided to make this application and force myself to forget a little of SQL and stay open to key-value database
model.

4 2
0 344
Article
· Mar 5, 2021 3m read
Fraud Management with InterSystems IRIS

Organizations around the world lose an estimated five percent of their annual revenues to fraud, according to a survey of Certified Fraud Examiners (CFEs) who investigated cases between January 2010 and December 2011. Applied to the estimated 2011 Gross World Product, this figure translates to a potential total fraud loss of more than $3.5 trillion (source: https://www.acfe.com/press-release.aspx?id=4294973129).

2 2
2 427

When you have been using cubes for business intelligence in a namespace for some time, you may find that there are many cubes in the namespace, only some of which are actively being used. However, it can be difficult to tell which cubes users are or are not querying, and maintaining unused cubes can be costly both in terms of storage and of computation to keep them up to date. This article provides some suggestions and examples for monitoring which cubes are in active use, and for removing cubes that you determine are no longer necessary.

4 2
2 410
Article
· Mar 5, 2021 3m read
Using ECP across IRIS and Caché

Migration from Caché to IRIS can be quite a challenge if your code is grown over many years
and probably not so clean structured as you may like it. So you face the need to check your
migrated code against some reference data. A few samples might not be a problem,
but some hundred GB of data for testing might be.

A possible step could be to have your fresh code in IRIS but leave your huge datastore on Caché and connect both environments over ECP. I have created a demo project that gives you the opportunity to try this based on 2 Docker images with IRIS and with Caché connected over ECP.

12 2
0 654