It's time to announce the Winners for March! Please welcome our awesome Global Masters Heroes!

The storm of applause goes to these developers and their great contribution to DC in March:

🥇 @YURI MARX GOMES, Software Architect, YM Services, Braz

🥈 @Prashanth Ponugoti, Technical Architect, Optimus IT Infra Ltd, London, United Kingdom

🥉 @Djeniffer Greffin, Soluctions Architect, Sabin Medicina Diagnóstica, Brazil

Learn more about the competition and our awesome winners below.

10 3
1 254
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,533 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Apr 11, 2022
MAXSTRING limit issue

MAXSTRING (longstring) is enabled.

We have a Class containing a property definition

Property SettingsJSON As %Text(MAXLEN = 3600000)

The property is used for storing a string of JSON data however in some cases we get a Cache error: %SaveData error when trying to save a string of JSON a lot less than maximum "allowed" length, any ideas anyone?

0 14
0 1K

I have a Business Service that reads a file from a folder and sends it as a string to a Business Process. In the business process, I need to add a string to the end of the file string that is coming into the Business Process. I am trying to do this in object script in studio and I am struggling to figure out how to add the string to the end of the other string. I am still new to studio and object script I have been reading up on the documentation and I am not sure what is the best way to accomplish this.

0 6
0 244

Hi

How do I run a CSP page from within VS Code.

Secondly I have installed an extension called "Live Server" which will run .html pages within VS Code. Have any of you made use of this extension and if so can you specify that .csp pages are html pages?

If I press F5 in VS Code (just as you would in Cache Studio) in order to view a csp page when I press F5 in vs code it tries to open

http://localhost:57772/csp/bootstrap/

without the csp page name

0 6
2 871

Hi all,

I am looking for a best practise approach for providing an ITI-41 based webservice to allow a subsystem to send a provide and register document set transaction via webservice route the request to a registry and loop back the response from the repository to the originating service. Since we need to use Ensemb le 2017.2 I am looking for a best practise to takle that reuirement. As for health connect I could prove a webservice wich supports the named IHE transaction and route it to the registry quite simple. Anyway how would you cope with this requirement under Ensemble?

0 1
0 173
Question
· Apr 10, 2022
SQL query confusion

Hi Guys,

I'm a bit confused where if I run a query trough SMP I don't get any result which should be true but if I run the same query from a classmethod I get a query result which shouldn’t be even if I pass any gibberish parameter into my class method because I'm sure there should be any data? see attached

0 7
0 234
Question
· Oct 14, 2021
Lock the Modal View

Hi Guys,

I'm using a Modal Group but whenever I click outside it the Modal gets minimised, so How can I change the view so that whenever pops up the view get locked until I'm finished with my modal then click exit to endModal ?

thanks

0 3
0 273
Article
· Apr 4, 2022 12m read
Store Mindmaps using Globals

Globals are the core of the InterSystems IRIS for data persistence. It is flexible, allowing store JSON documents, relational data, object oriented data, OLAP cubes and custom data models, like Mindmaps. To see how to store, delete and get mindmap data using globals, follow these steps:

1. Clone/git pull the repo into any local directory

4 2
1 340

Hello,
I'm currently working on a custom version control implementation.
I'd like to show differences between a copy of a previously saved routine as a merge of the ^ROUTINE Global and the current version of that same routine.

I've found legacy Documentation for %RCMP which does the trick in the terminal but I'd like a similar result stored inside a variable.
I also want to show differences, not only see if they are the same or not.

The management portal has that exact feature, so maybe someone can direct me to the function that is being used there.

0 19
0 650

I am new to Intersystems, in our project we are directly connecting to the server (environment) using Intersystems VSCode extensions and publishing our changes from local machine. This is not the way we usually do as development process.

Is it possible to implement continuous integration ? So that developers can check-in their code in GIT Hub and can integrate Jenkins and automate the deployment?

Could you please help me on this ?

0 3
0 307
Article
· Jan 24, 2022 1m read
GlobalToJSON-Compact

I have created a package that offers a utility to load a Global into JSON object and reverse
to create a Global from this type of JSON object. Compact refers to the structure created.
Globals nodes are included with data for a fast data load.
But also the related code is quite compact.

5 3
0 314

I will devote the third article to a story about the additional features of the project.

znamespace

Very often you need to find out if there is a specific package in the current instance, for example, so as not to duplicate.
To do this, I implemented a modification of the namespace command of the package manager, on the option tab, you need to press the FIND button.

0 0
0 146
Question
· Apr 6, 2022
tablePane row selection

Hi Guys,

I've the below tablePane and for some reason when it's populated always the last row is selected by default, I've many tablePanes defined the same way but none of them has the last row selected when populate, so not sure why this grid is doing this?

0 3
0 213

Hi!

I'd like to know if there are any issues if an index is inserted into a table without running the %BuildIndices() method.

It's important to note that data inserted before the index is not important for retrieval, so it's not a problem data inserted before the index don't show up in queries.

The reason why I'm asking this is that I'd like to avoid index reconstruction on big tables which I need to inser such index.

I'm using Cache 2018.1.

Thanks,

José

0 8
0 272

Register for our free NLP webinar to learn how to accelerate your data interpretation workflow.

Key learnings from the webinar:

✔️How we connect OMICs layers and text in your research,

✔️How to link your data to multiple knowledge domains using a single simple notebook,

✔️How our API Functions and digital notebooks can support your NLP and OMICs data interpretation to extend your workflows,

2 0
0 410