It's time to announce the Winners for February! Please welcome our awesome Global Masters Heroes!

The storm of applause goes to these developers and their great contribution to DC in February:

🥇 @Robert Cemper, ex Senior Sales Engineer from InterSystems, Austria

🥈 @Eduard Lebedyuk, Sales Engineer, InterSystems Corporation, Russia

🥉 @Benjamin De Boe, Product Manager, InterSystems Corporation, Belgium

Learn more about the competition and our awesome winners below.

6 3
0 334
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,533 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

I'm new to cache, come from an oracle and sql server background. In oracle and sql server I could write basically a stored procedure like script and pass it in as text to the command to execute.

Example:

Below would be the _sqltext

DECLARE @Id INT;

select id into @Id from something;

if @Id = 9

BEGIN

do something

END

The _sqltext would work in sql server, what would be the equivalent for cache for it work?

I get a generic error when I try it with cache

0 2
0 222

The Documentation team in InterSystems Learning Services is happy to announce the new InterSystems IRIS Server Migration Guide!

Have you ever wanted to copy, move, or clone an instance of InterSystems IRIS to a new server? Maybe the operating system on the old server is no longer supported, or maybe you want to add a new member to an existing mirror. Migrating your application databases is easy, but what about your tasks, users, roles, resources, and other security settings? What do you need to migrate, and how best to do it?

7 3
2 953

We have an implementation with a bunch of users, and a bunch of namespaces, both of which are added and removed frequently, and the users have restrictive perms in the namespaces (lets just say, not %All)... and the users are utilizing the VSCODE extension for development.

Per the instructions and the user experience, we need to run:

GRANT EXECUTE ON %Library.RoutineMgr_StudioOpenDialog TO ${user}

For ... each Namespace, and additionally %SYS for Web Apps.

0 4
0 297

Hi Developers,

We are carefully preparing our first 🏆 InterSystems Technical Article Contests in Portuguese 🏆.

As the contest will be officially launched next week, take advantage of this week to choose your topic or, if you are new to InterSystems technology, take the opportunity to learn a little more about the technology in this period to be able to participate!

6 4
0 223

Good Afternoon My InterSystems IRIS Peers,

I have the following issue that I need help with, I tried all possibilities that I know of, therefore I am reaching out to the community for some insight.

I have a SFTP service that pulling 2.5.1 DFT HL7 messages from our SFTP file server. The issue is that IRIS is transforming patients names and addresses that contain special chars UTF-8 to ANSI.

Examples:

è = è
é = é
í = í- .......etc

0 7
0 901

I have a python script that is pulling the cache instance key expiration date ( KeyExpirationDate() ) which comes back as an integer. With the queryscript function - $ZDATE(73284) I can derive the actual expiration date. Is there a manner or method of creating an equivalent Python script that will convert the integer return by the KeyExpirationDate() method into a date string?

0 1
1 231

Does any one could tell me how can I access the target properties from inside SQL in DTL Subtransform? For example, if I use the following statement:

SELECT ID INTO :target.SetIDPID FROM firstlook.person WHERE FirstName = 'Paul' - as said in documentation :

SELECT Name INTO :target.Name FROM MainFrame.EmployeeRecord WHERE SSN = :source.SSN AND City = :source.Home.City

I get an Error: ERROR <Ens>ErrException: <PROPERTY DOES NOT EXIST>

0 1
0 255

Function as a service (FaaS) is a category of cloud computing services that provides a platform allowing customers to develop, run, and manage application functionalities without the complexity of building and maintaining the infrastructure typically associated with developing and launching an app. Building an application following this model is one way of achieving a "serverless" architecture, and is typically used when building microservices applications.

Wikipedia

FaaS is an extremely popular approach to running workloads in the cloud, allowing developers to focus on writing code.

This article will show you how to deploy InterSystems IRIS methods in a FaaS way.

7 4
2 312

The Complex Recordmapper specify a map for headers, body, and trailers, but it expects all three to have fixed Leading Data to identify the record type. But what if the Header and Trailer have Leading Data, but not the body records? I can't seem to find a way to do this. For example:

HEADER|194|2012|Fall|20
12345|Adams|John|Michael|2|john.michael.adams@example.com|617-999-9999
12347|Jones|Robert|Alfred|1|bobby.jones@example.com|
TRAILER|8|100

Ideas?

1 2
0 222

Hi Community,

We'll look at moving InterSystems workload to the public cloud, then take a deep dive into the current architectures on the InterSystems cloud platform:

InterSystems Solutions in AWS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/N8MfDLngcSc
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 245

Welcome to the February'22 Community Release!

We're pleased to present our brand new Community Event Calendar for InterSystems developers:

🎯 https://community.intersystems.com/events

In this calendar, you will see the history of DC events. Find out about events that are happening now or soon, check out past events, and watch recordings of Community's webinars and meetups.

Let's take a closer look at how to use it.

6 2
0 255

This is the third part of the series of articles on migrating from the main databases on the market to InterSystems IRIS. In this part, the procedures for migrating from DB2 will be detailed.As described in previous articles, there are currently a few options to do the migration. However, the two most popular options include the usage of DBeaver (https://openexchange.intersystems.com/package/DBeaver) or SQLGateway.

2 0
1 462
Discussion
· Mar 4, 2022
Code Golf: Label Validation

New month, new code golf!

You will receive a string with a label code with numbers and letters.
Our challenge is to check if this code begins with 1, 2, or 3 and ends with A, B, C, S, or R.
It should return true(1) if so or return false(0) otherwise.
As usual shortest solution wins.

Input

"198739A79D9R"

Output

6 4
1 302

I am writing a Python tool to query our cache instances for various information. I have set up the connection without issue:

import intersys.pythonbind3 as pyb

conn = pyb.connection()
conn.connect_now(.....)

db = pyb.database(conn)
qry = pyb.query(db)
obj = pyb.object(db)

I wanted to make the call:

execRes = qry.prepare_class("SYS.Database",'FreeSpace')

But fetching fails because of data mismatches ( as I understand from other posts) and my testing bears out this type of failure.

0 6
0 190
Question
· Jun 9, 2017
Emergency Access

What is the purpose to use Emergency Access Mode in Cache? How to establishes a Connection without performing authentication?

0 6
0 1.3K

Hi Developers,
We are excited to announce that InterSystems will be a Platinum sponsor of Hacking Health Camp - big professional HealthTech conference and hackathon, which will take place in-person in Strasbourg, France on March 25-27, 2022.

On March 8, 2022 @Guillaume Rongier will carry out a webinar "How FHIR can help you develop your health applications" (Webinar language: French). Register here.

At the hackathon, InterSystems will have a challenge for hackers on using InterSystems FHIR cloud services.

Learn more on official website and join us in-person in France!

SUPINFO Hacking Health Camp

7 0
0 358

I want to have a script that can run from the usual unix, linux, or aix command line. It has to be able to get into an irissession and use set statements to get data using sql. It seems like I'm in a catch-22. When I use the irissession SERVER command at the command line, I can't run a script. When I put the irissession SERVER command in a script, it won't run anything in the script after that.

My goal for this script is to get this information and put it into a file which I can then parse.

0 10
0 1.5K

Hi Community,

Let's meet together at the online meetup with the winners of the InterSystems Python contest!

You'll have an opportunity to have a discussion with InterSystems Product Managers on the new IRIS 2021.2 Embedded Python functionality, Q&A on Python, etc. Our winners' demo included!

Date & Time: Thursday, March 3 – 10:00 EDT

https://www.youtube.com/embed/IdyV3YKEw_k
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 1
0 226
Article
· Mar 4, 2022 4m read
How to become a time lord - Time travel

Time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide, you have to throw yourself into it. Eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get double the charges, and end up kissing complete strangers.

The Doctor

We are now going to travel through time, that is, we are going to see future and past dates and how to calculate them in different formats. The TARDIS doesn't wait, take the controls and hold on tight.

Travel in TARDIS

8 5
0 368