Now available: InterSystems Learning News for July 2022! See how you can:

• Sign up to be a beta tester for the InterSystems IRIS System Administration certification exam.
• Find opportunities to keep you and your team learning.
• Connect to InterSystems Cloud Services.
• Take a classroom course on InterSystems Change Control Record (CCR).

And more! Read all about it and subscribe in the July 2022 Learning News.

1 0
0 155
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,739 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Hi team,

I'll start with an apology as I am trying to wrap my head around the architecture of how InterSystems IRIS database management works. I am attempting to connect to the platform remotely through say a JDBC or ODBC connection in order to run queries, searches (through SQL statements) on my laptop and was trying to understand whether this would be possible? It is possible to setup an inbound client connection and wanted to better understand the architecture of how the database association works for IRIS database management. Does it use it's own internal SQL database or are we able to connect to our own database and which databases are certified to run against the platform?

0 2
0 290

Where can I download the Cache ODBC drivers?

Where can I download the Cache ODBC drivers for Windows?

I need to connect to a cache database by odbc but the FPTs that I have found do not work,
could you tell me where to download the ODBC drivers

0 15
0 8.9K

Hi guys,

Does rebuilding of Data Quality Manager cubes affect patient index linkage definition data?

What I want to understand is, does DQM have any negative impact on the data each time you rebuild the cubes.

Additionally, if I make changes to the cube and rebuild it..will this have any impact on the original data?

0 6
0 299
Question
· Jul 20, 2022
Inbound Adapters

Hi Guys,

Is there online tutorials or samples on how to use Inbound Adapters ?

All I'm looking for at this stage is to create and inbound Adapter in a production to request to connect to a client where I can Get JSON file and what do I need to establish the connection?

Thanks

0 1
0 196

Hi, we are trying to run a dynamically generated Oracle Insert SQL script using Do $SYSTEM.SQL.DDLImport("Oracle",""," sql.txt",[Error Log]) to insert multiple rows into a Linked Table within HealthConnect to an Oracle database.

We have tried using statements that are accepted within Oracle but not when using Intersystems DLL along the lines of :

0 4
0 477

What are other's thoughts, opinions and experiences going from CSP to RESTful services, specifically when it comes to reusing code in CSP files?

One could define a method in CSP as follows:

<script language="cache" method="SubmitSomethingAwesome" arguments="aswesomeId:%Numeric">

And it's generated in csp.mycsppage.cls ascsp.mycsppage.SubmitSomethingAwesome(awesomeId as %Numeric).

Have people had success defining there rest call by calling the generated CSP classmethod?

Things that work well I've found:

0 3
0 283
Hello everyone! Don't miss the Developer Community Post Digest for July 2022.
General Stats
151 new posts published in July:
– 26 new articles
– 37 new announcements
– 83 new questions
– 5 new discussions
153 new members joined in July
9,935 posts published all time
11,316 members joined all time
0 0
0 120
Article
· Jul 30, 2022 5m read
Introduction to Django part 3

Continuing to observe the possibilities of Django, and usage with IRIS. The first we have looked how to define models and connect to tables already existing in IRIS, than we extended embedded Django Administration portal, with an ability to see what data we have in that models, with filters, editing and even pagination.

Time to go to real action, now we a going to create some REST API, on Django, based on the same data, we used before from the package posts-and-tags.

To do so, we will use Django REST Framework

Django REST Framework

Django REST framework is a powerful and flexible toolkit for building Web APIs.

Some reasons you might want to use REST framework:

• The Web browsable API is a huge usability win for your developers.
  • Authentication policies including packages for OAuth1a and OAuth2.
  • Serialization that supports both ORM and non-ORM data sources.
  • Customizable all the way down - just use regular function-based views if you don't need the more powerful features.
  • Extensive documentation, and great community support.
  • Used and trusted by internationally recognised companies including Mozilla, Red Hat, Heroku, and Eventbrite.

4 0
0 308

Your application is deployed and everything is running fine. Great, hi-five! Then out of the blue the phone starts to ring off the hook – it’s users complaining that the application is sometimes ‘slow’. But what does that mean? Sometimes? What tools do you have and what statistics should you be looking at to find and resolve this slowness? Is your system infrastructure up to the task of the user load? What infrastructure design questions should you have asked before you went into production? How can you capacity plan for new hardware with confidence and without over-spec'ing? How can you stop the phone ringing? How could you have stopped it ringing in the first place?

23 13
5 4.4K
Article
· Jul 25, 2022 8m read
Introduction to Django part 2

In the first part, I've shown how to start a new project on Django, as well as define new models and add already existing models.

This time, I'll introduce an admin panel, available out of the box and how it can be useful.

Important note: do not expect that if you try to repeat actions from this post it will work for you, it does not. During the article, I had to do some fixes in the django-iris project, and even in DB-API driver made by InterSystems to fix some issues there as well, and I think this driver is still in development, and we will get more stable driver in future. Let's decide that this article only explains how it could be if we would have all done.

11 2
0 364

In this article, I am trying to identify the multiple areas to develop the features we can able to do using python and machine learning.

Each hospital is every moment trying to improve its quality of service and efficiency using technology and services.

The healthcare sector is one of the very big and vast areas of service options available and python is one of the best technology for doing machine learning.

In every hospital, humans will come with some feelings, if this feeling will understand using technology is make a chance to provide better service.

2 2
2 320
Question
· Jul 29, 2022
Installing Apps without Docker

I was wondering if someone could help me. I do not have docker available to me however a lot of the Open Exchange apps require it. Since I am using a Virtual Windows Machine I can not get docker installed, so I was wondering how to get around this? Someone at GS2022 suggested looking at the docker_compose.yml to figure out how to get around docker, but I am not sure I understand how to read it.

0 3
0 330

Hi Community!

We’re so glad to announce that InterSystems FHIR startup incubator — Caelestinus held its first virtual Demo Day on June 29th!

16 startups have showed off their products and solutions built with InterSystems FHIR Server, or IRIS for Health or Health Connect to an audience of about 15 investors & partners.

The Demo Day is the result of a four-month journey — the equator of the incubator, in which startups have explored InterSystems tech, validated their ideas and presented it on the first Demo Day. In case you missed it, enjoy watching it on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

📣 The First Demo Day of InterSystems FHIR Startup Incubator — Caelestinus

Here is the list of presenters with pitch decks of the startups.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hBl_YvKeNIo
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

5 0
0 289
Question
· Nov 2, 2016
Healthshare FHIR Subscriptions

Hello All,

Having a recent project to create a FHIR repository, I want to know (as looking at the code) if HealthShare FHIR implementaton supports subscriptions?. I know it records the subscriptions ok, BUT does it handle sending the subscription out (based on the tags) to an endpoint (i.e. when a new FHIR request commits data that would trigger the subscription) ?, I'm 50% it doesn't, but would rather find out for sure before shoe horning something in.

Regards

1 9
0 1K
Article
· Jul 28, 2022 1m read
Approach to InterSystems IRIS

Hi Folks,

Before I begin my writing journey here I wish to introduce myself briefly, so that everyone who reads and follows me will get a clear picture.

To start with I did my Bachelors in Physical Sciences, Mathematics and Computer Science were my core subjects. I have 4+ years of experience in HealthCare Revenue Cycle operations including Medical Coding, Billing, AR Collections, Denial Management and Fincial Reconciliation. Also, 2+ years of experience in Data Operations and Analytics, specifically in Python, PowerBI, SQL and MsExcel.

8 2
0 301

Hello and welcome to the next InterSystems technical article writing competition!

🐍 InterSystems Tech Article Contest: Python Edition 🐍

Write an article on any topic related to the usage of Python with InterSystems technologies from June 20 to July 20 July 31– extended!

🎁 Prizes for everyone: A special prize pack for each author who takes part in the competition!

🏆 Main Prizes: AirPods Max; Apple Watch SE; Apple HomePod mini / Apple Pencil

10 16
1 1.9K