InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,520 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Question
· Apr 3, 2018
Comparing Cache-Objects

Hi guys,

is there an easy way to compare two objects in os?

Example:

I have a registered order-object at runtime. Now I want to call a specific export-service just in the case that sth in this order has changed since the last export. So I have to compare the persisted order-object (last export) with the current order-object.

Ist there an easy way to compare these two objects or do I have to check each object-value separately?

Thanks for your help!

Regards, Thomas

0 1
0 758

Hi, Community!

This post is a digest of the Developer Community postings in March 2018.

Most viewed

(Webinar Mar 14) REST API Design and Development 272

Replacing ZEN - Part 1 - Introduction 195

Continuous Delivery of your InterSystems solution using GitLab - Part I: Git 194

REST Design and Development 161

Deployment Strategies: Do You Compile ObjectScript on a Production Site? 161

Angular 4 (2-5), CacheAutentication, Cache2017.1, REST 155

Parallel execution in COS 154

Continuous Delivery of your InterSystems solution using GitLab - Part II: GitLab workflow 144

problems renaming/copying classes 129

Sending Alerts to Mobile Phone using Pushover from HTTP.OutboundAdapter 128

Most voted

Continuous Delivery of your InterSystems solution using GitLab - Part I: Git 6

Replacing ZEN - Part 1 - Introduction 5

Save the Date - InterSystems Partner's Day 2018 in Austria 5

(Webinar Mar 14) REST API Design and Development 5

Replacing ZEN - Index to articles 5

Continuous Delivery of your InterSystems solution using GitLab - Part II: GitLab workflow 4

Minimum Monitoring and Alerting Solution 4

Sending Alerts to Mobile Phone using Pushover from HTTP.OutboundAdapter 3

Caché Native Access — working with native libraries in Caché 3

DeepSee: Databases, Namespaces, and Mappings - Part 1 of 5 3

Most commented

problems renaming/copying classes 19

Deployment Strategies: Do You Compile ObjectScript on a Production Site? 19

GetSwizzled error in cache 14

creating a test server 13

translation of data ready to push to and from a JSON restAPI 13

(Webinar Mar 14) REST API Design and Development 10

Filters in DeepSee Dashboards 10

SqloutBound Adapter with Output to File 8

Multiple installs of Eclipse/Atelier with different server connections 8

How to Call a Custom Listing in MDX? 8

Top 10 Authors to Follow by Views

Eduard Lebedyuk, Posts, 667

Peter Cooper, Posts, 289

Mark Connelly, Posts, 128

Murray Oldfield, Posts, 81

Evgeny Shvarov, Posts, 60

Artem Daugel-Dauge, Posts, 52

Alessandro Marin, Posts, 36

Top 10 Experts to Follow

Robert Cemper, Answers, +4

Timothy Leavitt, Answers, +3

Tomas Vaverka, Answers, +2

Eduard Lebedyuk, Answers, +2

Dmitry Maslennikov, Answers, +2

Michael Moulckers, Answers, +1

Mark Hanson, Answers, +1

Ray Fucillo, Answers, +1

Alessandro Marin, Answers, +1

John Murray, Answers, +1

0 0
0 213
Question
· Mar 21, 2018
Problems encountered with Java Gateway

Problems encountered with Java Gateway

I am writing a framework for use on the Java Gateway. The role of the framework is:

1. Import the framework jar file into ensemble studio (test completed);
2. In the framework jar, handle the related functions of the remaining jar files (the rest of the jar files are written by colleagues).

The general idea is as follows:

Send: Ensemble Java Gateway -> Framework Jar -> Plugin Jar (colleagues write, processing data).
Returns: Plugin Jar (processed return data) ->Framework Jar->Ensemble Java Gateway.

0 1
0 684

Sounds odd - but I encountered it - twice now. Cache was restarted. in that period the primary journal directory was full and it was writing to the secondary journal directory. So upon start-up, it was quite obvious that it was not going to write to the primary. Cache reported this but was able to continue with the start-up but writing to the secondary. All of a sudden it doesn't recognize the 'primary' config any more and started saying 'Alternate and primary journal directories are the same'.

0 3
0 855

There are numerous ways to interact with InterSystems Caché: We can start with ODBC/JDBC that are available via SQL gateway. There are API for .NET and Java too. But if we need to work with native binary libraries, such interaction is  possible through Caché Callout Gateway, which can be tricky. You can read more about the ways of facilitating the work with native libraries directly from Caché in the article below.

5 1
1 940

I am trying to use current implementation of source Control for Cache Studio in Atelier, but UserAction = 3 "Run an EXE on the client" is not working. Basically Atelier is launching a "page" using the target as url.

Am I missing any settings in order to command Atelier to run a exe command instead?

Cache Version: Cache 2017.2.0.744.0

Platform: Windows 10

0 5
0 312

Hi,

A site has a Mirror set, and an Asynchronous DR. The disk drives for each of the instances are local disks and the databases are large (>2 TB)

The current backup strategy is started off as using Cache Backup and is still the case today, but the size and time it take t do the backup is obviously prohibitive.

1 8
0 631

Is is possible to install multiple copies of Eclipse/Atelier, and have each instance maintain it's own distinct list of server connections? I thought I had figured it out, uninstalled everything, and reinstalled without using bundle pools. I think this keeps projects separate, along with allowing different Eclipse settings and plug-ins. After installing the second instance, no server connections from the first were showing in the second.

0 8
0 619
Question
· Feb 26, 2018
Monitoring with Zabbix

Hi community,

I need to monitor Caché Intersystems with some custom indicators.

I started customizing the SNMP Mib. But I've been in a Zabbix event, all speakers use ODBC to monitor their database, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL ...

What is the best way? Use ODBC or SNMP Custom Mib?
What are you guys using?

0 2
0 938

I am trying to create an iKnow domain programmatically like:

Set dom = ##class(%iKnow.Domain).%New("TestDom")
    Do  dom.SetParameter("DefaultConfig", "MyConfiguration")
    Set sc = dom.%Save()

Although "MyConfiguration" sets the language to "ja", i.e. Japanese, it doesn't seem to be respected, and what I see on the top right pane in Knowledge Portal is related concepts, instead of proximity profiles, which I expect to see in Japanese language mode.

Also resulting segmentation of sentences looks to be it is in English mode.

0 2
0 344
Article
· Jun 12, 2017 1m read
Setting the Windows service account

I recently helped a site investigate a problem that appeared after they upgraded their Windows instance of Caché from 2015.1 to 2017.1. A terminal session launched from the server's desktop cube was unable to run OS-level commands using the $ZF(-1) function. For instance, using the no-op command "REM" as follows:

write $zf(-1,"rem")

was returning -1, indicating that the Windows command could not be issued.

8 6
1 1.5K

Hi,

There have been similar questions asked before, but a few years ago now. My problem is that when I create an application in plain CSP, a typical link to a page will look like this in the browser..

https://omnidata.com.au/csp/lcda/StudentList.csp?CSPCHD=001000010000EYnm...

One user sent back a comment.. 'I'm not using your application as it is un-secure' .. based on the fact that the elements are spelled out in the URL.

0 6
0 390
Question
· Mar 26, 2018
error compilation studio

Good morning, employees

I'm having trouble compiling in studio, I already reported it to intersystems support, but it did not solve the problem.

when calling a method of a class by putting $, follows an example:

0 4
0 257

In this series of articles, I'd like to present and discuss several possible approaches toward software development with InterSystems technologies and GitLab. I will cover such topics as:

• Git 101
  • Git flow (development process)
  • GitLab installation
  • GitLab Workflow
  • Continuous Delivery
  • GitLab installation and configuration
  • GitLab CI/CD
  • Why containers?
  • GitLab CI/CD using containers

In the first article, we covered Git basics, why a high-level understanding of Git concepts is important for modern software development, and how Git can be used to develop software.

In the second article, we covered GitLab Workflow - a complete software life cycle process and Continuous Delivery.

In the third article, we covered GitLab installation and configuration and connecting your environments to GitLab

In the fourth article, we wrote a CD configuration.

In this article, let's talk about containers and how (and why) they can be used.

4 0
1 1.2K

I have a simple app which tries to establish a connection with a Cache database instance via Global API for Java:

import com.intersys.globals.Connection;
import com.intersys.globals.ConnectionContext;

public class Assignment {

public static void main(String[] args) {
        Connection connection = ConnectionContext.getConnection();
        connection.connect("SAMPLES", "_SYSTEM", "SYS");
    }

}

The expection I am getting:

0 36
0 777

In the last post we scheduled 24-hour collections of performance metrics using pButtons. In this post we are going to be looking at a few of the key metrics that are being collected and how they relate to the underlying system hardware. We will also start to explore the relationship between Caché (or any of the InterSystems Data Platforms) metrics and system metrics. And how you can use these metrics to understand the daily beat rate of your systems and diagnose performance problems.

19 10
2 3.8K
Article
· Jun 24, 2016 2m read
Atelier, Git, and GitHub

One of the benefits of Atelier is easy integration with source code management tools. Some Eclipse installations include the EGit plugin, or you can install it from the Eclipse marketplace. EGIt makes integration with Git and GitHub easy. Here are the steps I used to connect Atelier to a GitHub repository:

8 8
0 2.2K