Article
· Sep 23, 2021 1m read
Zero configuration debugging

The latest release of Serenji by George James Software introduces zero configuration debugging, so it's ready to go in just one click - no matter where you are or what you're doing, your on-the-spot debugger is ready to go. 

We have introduced a host of new features to enhance the debugging experience so you can focus on identifying and fixing errors, without losing focus by spending time setting up a launch configuration. 

Check out the new features in our release notes

If you've already started using Serenji 3.2.0 let us know how you're getting on! 

3 0
2 199
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,806 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

When overwriting the Read method (that has a %CacheString return type) on a new class that inherits %Stream.FileCharacter class, returns an error about incorrect return type, must be Binary, even if it matched the real signature.

Looking at the compile global information we can see:

^oddCOM("%Stream.FileBinary","m","Read",42)="%Library.Binary"

After further investigation we realise that there is a generator method looking at the OdbcType class definition.

Setting LONGVARCHAR results in:

^oddCOM("User.CStream","m","Read",42)="%Library.String"

0 0
0 162
Question
· Sep 22, 2021
embedded sql select locks

i noticed -by reading .INT files of one class- that some of embedded sql select statements code blocks translates into code that uses lock command.

even if i use %nolock in the select, still cursors and arrow referencing notations "->" have the same results.

0 4
0 191

I am writing a report for a client that will create a report of the current process with a format that mimicks the Management Portal process display. I am writing a cterm script file to generate the report.

In the loop that process the results I am writing the columns in a formatted manner that will result in a CSV format very similar in content and order the process page. However, it appears that the write statement is limited in size such that I can not write out all of the elements of the sys.process query. My query result processing that works correctly is of this format:

0 4
0 179

in order to do analysis on huge data volumes, it is better to take you data to a separate machine for analysis away from the operational machine, so trying to write huge globals or tables into files as is would take a huge space, what could be a solution or best practice ?..in python for instance, there is the pickling option (serializes data to byte string and saves it to a file) to save space, what could be best in object script ?

0 11
0 1.1K

I'm working on a project were we are going to be receiving a non-HL7 formatted flat file that will contain a single result message per line and each result messages may contain repeating OBX fields that will need to be parsed out so that can be sent as an HL7 ORU messages that contains multiple OBX segments.

0 10
0 424

Deploying InterSystems HealthShare code, supporting lookups and artifacts like ssl certs, keys etc is relatively straight forward using Gitlab Runners. Not only does this approach enable managing the code base and deploying with git type workflows, but it also lends to a speedy recovery and repeatable environments for some implementations.

4 1
2 468

Hey Developers,

Please welcome the new video by @Ron Sweeney on InterSystems Developers YouTube:

Hands Off HealthShare Deployment Workflow with GitLab Runners

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NP_smt5UY3c
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

Gitlab Runners and InterSystems Healthshare Code Deployment and VSCode oh my. More details in this post.

2 1
0 180

Hi All,

I would like to merge json files. From a BPL we're running an operation to get data from a REST service cursors. We would like to run the REST calls until no cursor is present in the response of the rest call.

This works fine, but I would like to combine/merge the json outcome and write it to the disk.

See my attempt below for merging 2 json files.

Class Test.TestClass
{

0 4
0 334

Hey Community,

New video for an easy start on InterSystems Partner Directory:

How to list a solution on InterSystems Partner Directory

https://www.youtube.com/embed/KDCoj4Ip5oM
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 0
0 155

InterSystems is pleased to announce a new Developer Download site providing full kit versions of InterSystems IRIS Community Edition and InterSystems IRIS for Health Community Edition. These are available free of charge for application development use.

You can download directly from the InterSystems Developer Community by selecting Download InterSystems IRIS.

11 13
0 3.1K

Over the past year or so, my team (Application Services at InterSystems - tasked with building and maintaining many of our internal applications, and providing tools and best practices for other departmental applications) has embarked on a journey toward building Angular/REST-based user interfaces to existing applications originally built using CSP and/or Zen. This has presented an interesting challenge that may be familiar to many of you - building out new REST APIs to existing data models and business logic.

12 34
6 1.5K
Question
· Sep 15, 2021
Arranging Project

I want to start this project and wants to know the best practices, you guys using to arrange the project. I have done lot of mvc projects and API's in c#. But Intersystems is new to me. Please give me some suggestions like how can I Arrange the objects. Like for eg. Where can I store the productions objects like services,process and operations. will that be like under each resouces folder name? and what are the base classes, and how can I store them? basically please give me some idea about how Can I arrange them .

Thank you

Sai

0 8
0 243

Hi Everyone!

During the HackMIT 2021, we have been running an online game for undergraduate students called "Treasure Hunt". Thanks to all who took part in the game!

The Treasure Hunt prizes were raffled today at 10 am ETS on Zoom (see the recording here). Please meet the Raffle Winners!

🎁 JBL Quantum 300 Gaming Headset goes to A. Kuro Andengattil 🎉

🎁 Apple AirPods Pro goes to Pulkit Girdhar 🎉

🎁 Amazon Echo Dot goes to Joshua Qin 🎉

🎁 Nike Utility Speed Backpack goes to Chua Hua Lun 🎉

🎁 Amazon Kindle 8G Paperwhite goes Samrat Mukherjee 🎉

3 0
0 138

Hey Developers,

Get an introduction to Apache Kafka, a popular event-streaming platform, and see a demonstration of the upcoming Kafka integration with InterSystems IRIS Interoperability:

Kafka! Integrating the World's Favorite Stream Processor with InterSystems IRIS

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0lTK7oXqYsY

0 0
0 332