InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,808 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

When working with a large query executed though an ODBC connection what is the best way to allow the paging of the results at the client side. I have tried some methods using %VID and similar methods, but these really don't seem to work as the value returned is related to the ID of the data and not the position in the results set. What would be ideal is if the value seen in the management portal when you check of "Row Number" was available to external queries through ODBC. I have not seen a way to return this however.

0 5
0 864

Hi All,

I am new to this technology and I have installed the trial version of cache 2016.1 with Normal security.

I was trying to develop the sample cinema application and mean while when I tried to view the csp webpage, it opens the browser and ask for login after logging in it shows Service Unavailable error instead of preview of webpage.

Could you guys suggest an answer to resolve this issue.

1 4
0 580
Article
· Jan 6, 2017 4m read
Atelier, The XML Contents Editor

This article is one of the series which introduces Eclipse to experienced Caché/ Ensemble/ HealthShare users. The goal is to open the perspective of a developer who was using Caché Studio for years and make Her/ Him see deeply into the Eclipse world – far beyond Atelier. In other words it is an Atelier (Eclipse IDE for InterSystems technology) beginner’s guide. This time the topic is: editing XML files using Atelier.

2 0
0 687

I'm currently re-engineering an application from CSP pages directly accessing COS Methods, to an Angular/Material front end accessing a REST DAL. Both the Angular front end and REST services are hosted from the same Caché instance and the same namespace, but the REST services have their own CSP application, with all calls being routed through a Dispatch class.

0 5
0 509

the boss started using his new mac laptop, and now we are getting macintosh's own html escape characters being stored in the database especially in our text blocks, when we then print it we see things like don%u2019t instead of don't

so for example instead of the apostrophe we see %u2019 being stored. We've already noticed %u2018, %u2019, %u201C, %u201D, %2026

I'd like to replace the %u2019 with the nearest equivilent (especially when he starts to use left and right quote marks)

0 2
0 428

Hi there,

I'm currently getting myself acquired with Atelier and apart from having a lot of fun I noticed an issue that keeps me from merging changes to the server. When importing Files into my project it uses the right encoding (without telling it what encoding to use). When trying to synchronize it shows the Conflict Resolution, with the server side using the wrong encoding therefore displaying gibberish.

0 1
0 259
Question
· Jan 3, 2017
Deciphering Error Messages

When deciphering an error message (<MAXSTRING>main+45^LBZNSJHCACUPLB), my understanding is the error offset is 45 lines from "main". If there are "go sub" entries within this 45 lines, do you count the lines in the "go sub" section or do you do a straight count of lines ignoring the "go sub" section?

0 2
0 427
Question
· Jan 1, 2017
ACTIVEX WITH AUTOCAD

Hello!

I have detected an error in CACHE 2016.1.2, on both 32 and 64 platforms, when loading the autocad application, it fails. This did not happen in CACHE 2014.1.4.

0 2
0 344