InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,815 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Suppose I want to create an Eclipse plugin designed to be added to Atelier, and my plugin needs to perform some processing on the server that the current Atelier project is configured to connect to.

Is there a way I can use the connection credentials that have already been entered by the user? I don't really want to make them enter these again into my own plugin.

1 8
0 486

What are the pros and cons of developing a custom database driven routing engine vs. using the Ensemble standard routing engine. What I'm trying to accomplish with the custom routing engine is less manual intervention every time a new route is added. The con I can see with the custom engine is performance may lag behind the standard engine. My development vs. Intersystems essentially.

I appreciate feedback. Thanks!

0 3
0 410

I wanted to share a little tidbit which is in the Studio documentation (http://docs.intersystems.com/cache20152/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?...) but many people who have been using the InterSystems Studio for a long time missed the addition of this *very* useful feature, and every time I mention this to an audience I see at least one face light up because of how excited they are to learn about it!

Within Studio, the Output pane (View -> Output) is actually misnamed. It is actually an Input/Output window which can be used to run Caché ObjectScript commands!

10 7
0 1.3K

Hi!

I am not system admin. But it used to be very simple to install CSP Gateway on an apache system on Linux with Apache installed. I used to run the CSP Gateway installation program and after it was done, all I had to do was fine tune some configurations on CSP Gateway portal on http://<ip>/csp/bin/Systems/Module.cxw and I was up and running.

0 5
0 1.3K

This post will show you an approach to size shared memory requirements for database applications running on InterSystems data platforms including global and routine buffers, gmheap, and locksize as well as some performance tips you should consider when configuring servers and when virtualizing Caché applications. As ever when I talk about Caché I mean all the data platform (Ensemble, HealthShare, iKnow and Caché).

A list of other posts in this series is here

29 3
7 10K

Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) solutions have been gaining traction for the last few years with the number of deployments now increasing rapidly. IT decision makers are considering HCI when scoping new deployments or hardware refreshes especially for applications already virtualised on VMware. Reasons for choosing HCI include; dealing with a single vendor, validated interoperability between all hardware and software components, high performance especially IO, simple scalability by addition of hosts, simplified deployment and simplified management.

9 7
1 3.4K

I'm getting this error a lot in Atelier. These are not extremely large files, and I can't seem to find a magic line count or byte size that triggers the issue to occur.

I'm using the latest (I believe) version 1.0.262. Is there a setting that allows larger files to be parsed successfully within the editor?

1 7
0 507
Question
· Oct 24, 2016
Multiple Rulesets

Hi,

In my routing rules I'd like to work with multiple rulesets. When running the proces, it only seems to execute the first ruleset.

Is it possible to have multiple rulesets active in the same business rule, or is there another way to not have to jam all rules in the same ruleset?

Thanks in advance,

Joost Houwen

1 4
0 452
Article
· Oct 18, 2016 7m read
Macros in the InterSystems Caché

In this article I would like to tell you about macros in InterSystems Caché. A macro is a symbolic name that is replaced with a set of instructions during compilation. A macro can “unfold” in various instruction sets each time it is called, depending on the parameters passed to it and activated scenarios. This can be both static code and the result of ObjectScript execution. Let's take a look at how you can use them in your application.

9 3
0 2.2K
Article
· Sep 2, 2016 2m read
Advanced URL mapping for REST

By now it's a commonplace how to implement a basic REST API in Caché and there is good documentation about it here: REST in Caché

A question that comes up from time to time is:

How can I make a parameter in my REST url optional?

Simply put, is it possible to create a URL map in Caché that maps a URL like this:

12 1
0 2.5K

InterSystems' iKnow technology allows you to identify the concepts in natural language texts and the relations that link them together. As that's still a fairly abstract definition, we produced this video to explain what that means in more detail. But when meeting with customers, what really counts is a compelling demonstration, on data that makes sense to them, so they understand the value in identifying these concepts over classic top-down approaches. That's why it's probably worth spending a few articles on some of the demo apps and tools we've built to work with iKnow.

In the first article in this series, we'll start with the Knowledge Portal, a simple query interface to explore the contents of your domain.

6 3
0 1.5K

Ensemble 2015. Working on an a way to send NACK'd HL7 messages to a flat file for external review/troubleshooting. (Similar to the way BadMessageHandler deals with validation errors.)

I think I have the Alert piece down, but need assistance with the exact syntax to do an SQL query in the DTL (or a custom function) to pull the HL7 message Raw Content into the Alert, based on the SessionID.

(Also, anything special to write alerts to the File Operation?)

Thanks, Brian

0 3
0 839
Question
· Nov 28, 2016
spatial data

Hello. I am a student from Syktyvakar Forest Institute(Russia).

I need to make Research : "Databases for working with spatial data
Consider MySQL, PostgreSQL and 1 to choose from". I want to explore Cache with subject library of spatial data.

Help.

Does Someone from the developers write the libraries of spatial data?

0 3
0 379

A few customers have seen this happen, so I thought it would be worth mentioning here on the Developer Community. This could affect users running versions between 2014.1.3 and latest who install or upgrade Wireshark. There is a bug in the Visual C++ 2013 redistributable shipped with the current Wireshark 2.2.1.

This is from Microsoft’s bug report https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3138367 :

9 6
0 894

Let's say I open a stream/file.

If it's not in UTF8 i need to call $ZCVT, and if it's already in UTF8, then I don't need to call $ZCVT.

Is there any way to determine character encoding for input stream/file?

0 4
0 2K
Question
· Sep 23, 2016
Cache class definition

i got an unspecified character in my try-cache i do sample class definition using stream collection what is my defect plz reply me as soon as possible

0 2
0 279
Announcement
· Aug 25, 2016
JSON changes in Caché 2016.2

As Bill has mentioned earlier in his post, we have carefully reviewed the JSON capabilities and made some adjustments to ensure they deliver the best benefit to you. In this post, I am going to describe the modifications in more detail and provide guidance for you to understand the implication for your code base.

11 8
1 3.8K