In this article I would like to present the RESTForms project - generic REST API backend for modern web applications.

The idea behind the project is simple -after I wrote several REST APIs I realized that generally, REST API consists of two parts:

• Work with persistent classes
  • Custom business logic

And, while you'll have to write your own custom business logic, RESTForms provides all things related to working with persistent classes right out of the box.
Use cases

• You already have a data model in Caché and you want to expose some (or all) of the information in a form of REST API
  • You are developing a new Caché application and you want to provide a REST API
12 23
3 5K
InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,762 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!

Two fairly common requests we receive from HL7 customers are (1) how to remove all trailing delimiters for fields and segments in HL7 messages and (2) how to "find and replace" for an entire HL7 message (as opposed to one segment/field at a time). The code sample below shows a custom function that solves for item 1 and by extension item 2 above. In other words the same approach can be used for finding/replacing any sequence of chars in an entire HL7 message, with some tweaks to the custom function.

7 6
0 3.3K

Hi,

I have a client who is considering encryption options in order to comply with a tendering requirement.

Were they to encrypt the production database then what would be a reasonable expectation forthe impact on message throughput. Or possibly more easily answered: what would be the expected impact be on I/O rate and CPU utilization. Are there any benchmarks to which could support an estimate ?

How would this compare with plan B: to use disk encryption ?

Thanks

0 3
0 462

Is there a function in Atelier that's equivalent to Studio's "Find in Files"? Namely, to search for assets containing a given search pattern across an entire namespace -- not just across files that are currently in the local project.

I've been playing with the search functions in Eclipse, and so far haven't found a combination of options that will search against assets that are only on the server -- I can only get results for assets that are already in my workspace.

2 7
0 679

One aspect of source code management is how to deal with the almost inevitable need to upgrade your Caché or Ensemble platform to a newer InterSystems release.

It's long been my experience that InterSystems does a very good job of maintaining backward compatibility. Code that works correctly on, say, 2012.1 is very likely to work correctly on, say, 2015.2 without any modification.

0 10
0 521

Problem:

Caché prints to printers in a manner somewhat different from other Windows applications. Caché sends the data directly to the GDI Printer, without the usual interface. This is because the GUI interface can only be shown on a system desktop session and not in web browser and terminal sessions. Some printer drivers have problems with this method of printing.

Is this the problem you are having?

4 3
2 2.8K

I'm pleased to see this in the documentation of the just-published 2017.1 Field Test of Ensemble:

"In certain circumstances, it is useful to create namespaces that are not enabled for Ensemble. In this release you can do this by clearing the Make this an Ensemble namespace checkbox when creating a new namespace. "

4 1
0 565

In the last post we scheduled 24-hour collections of performance metrics using pButtons. In this post we are going to be looking at a few of the key metrics that are being collected and how they relate to the underlying system hardware. We will also start to explore the relationship between Caché (or any of the InterSystems Data Platforms) metrics and system metrics. And how you can use these metrics to understand the daily beat rate of your systems and diagnose performance problems.

19 10
2 3.8K
Article
· Jun 24, 2016 2m read
Atelier, Git, and GitHub

One of the benefits of Atelier is easy integration with source code management tools. Some Eclipse installations include the EGit plugin, or you can install it from the Eclipse marketplace. EGIt makes integration with Git and GitHub easy. Here are the steps I used to connect Atelier to a GitHub repository:

8 8
0 2.3K

Problem:

A file-based business service uses a local path on a Linux machine that is actually a mounted CIFS share. The mount is "soft" and is designed to not cache data, etc. There are times however when the remote system offering up the share (it's a Windows machine I believe) gets bounced or otherwise hung up the business service in the Ensemble production just hangs.

0 4
0 1.6K

Please make these dialogs easier to use, for example by treating a double-click on a list item as a signal to select the item and effectively click the "Next" or "Finish" button. Using Tools\Add-Ins as my example, on the first page:

1 3
0 458

My comments here relate to Atelier 1.0.137 on Windows connecting to Ensemble 2016.2 FT build 627.

I've been looking at what the Atelier Explorer view (hereafter AE), whose root elements are projects, lets us do with the contents of the namespace that the project is connected to:

1 9
0 866

I was curious if application partners were developing their own task managers for scheduling background tasks, or using the built in task schedule that is part of the Cache platform.

For those that are using the Cache task manager, what has been your method for distributing default tasks that your application needs during initial install as well as upgrades? Are you distributing an export of the %SYS.Task object, or perhaps you are distributing an installation script that adds a task to the task scheduler when it is first run?

0 3
0 3K

How suitable is Docker for standalone deployment of an Ensemble version and Ensemble application together?

The context is deployment by an application partner of an integration application and the supporting Ensemble version as a single package (single file ideally), to multiple environments and to multiple customer sites.

I don't have experience with Ensemble on Docker so I'm wondering what gaps and pitfalls may exist.

3 8
0 1.5K

With the release of Cache 2016.1, JSON support was re-architected and made part of the core object model with the creation of %Object and %Array classes, which allow you to create dynamic JSON enabled objects and arrays.

On a recent demonstration I was working on, I had the need to create a REST web service that returned a JSON representation of a persistent object. After searching for methods that would allow me to accomplish this, ultimately I found none, until now.

3 20
0 2.7K

I would like to write some code to parse a set of HTML pages from the internet in order to gather information from each web page.

All of the web pages are generated using a template, so the format of each of the web-pages is consistent with one-another and the information that I want to gather is always located in the same logical place within the page.

What is the best way to parse an html page in order to gather information at a specific place?

Can XML XPATH be used here? Does anyone have any examples of parsing HTML content?

2 6
0 1.4K

Thanks a lot, that we finally got the new version of Atelier, where most of the errors were fixed.

But I've found some have not fixed yet.

set destination = $listget(waypoints,*)
    set $list(waypoints,*,*)=""

In this code, Atelier does know about asterisk as a second argument to $listget function.
And in this case, even shows next lines as an error.

1 6
0 574