InterSystems Developer Community is a community of 17,766 amazing developers
We're a place where InterSystems IRIS programmers learn and share, stay up-to-date, grow together and have fun!
Article
· Mar 9, 2016 1m read
2016.2 Field Test Kit 2016.2.0.609.0

I am pleased to announce the next 2016.2 field test kit, 2016.2.0.609.0.

This is a relatively light update with only a few dozen changes from the previous field test, spread out across all areas of the product. Also, in a break from the recent past, this update doesn’t contain any new fixes to problems found in the field.

Please download the kit and give it a try; the latest field test of 2016.2 is available HERE. And, as always, we welcome your feedback.

Steve Glassman, Director of QD

3 4
0 244

There have been a few use cases recently within InterSystems where we've needed to connect to Caché-based web services from PHP. The first of these was actually the Developer Community itself, which uses web services as part of Single Sign-On with other InterSystems sites/applications. The following example demonstrates how to connect to a Caché-based web service (particularly, the web service in the SAMPLES namespace) from PHP, using password authentication.

5 0
0 2.6K
Question
· Mar 8, 2016
Multiple Namespaces vs One

We are beginning a project to switch over to a differnt EMR for our inpatient system, and we are wondering if others out here have worked on a similar project and how did you handle your Ensemble environment?

Currently, we use one namespace for all of our HL7 interfaces. Has anyone used a separate namespace for a project to keep the build separate until go-live? What were the pros/cons for you using a different namespace? Or did you use one and what issues did you have because of it?

0 2
0 392
Article
· Feb 25, 2016 2m read
Alert: Incorrect SQL Results

February 25, 2016 – Alert: Incorrect SQL Results
InterSystems has corrected a defect that can cause incorrect results for certain SQL INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements.

This defect is present only in Caché and Ensemble 2015.2 and HealthShare distributions based on them. The problem affects all platforms.

Incorrect results occur only when two or more of these statements are nested within each other.

The example below demonstrates one possible way for this problem to happen:

2 5
0 666
Article
· Mar 6, 2016 2m read
Who does Windows think I am?

When my COS code is executing in a Caché process it might want to interact with the host operating system. For the purpose of this post I'm focusing on a Windows host, but much of it applies to other host OS platforms as well.

A common example of host OS interaction is when my process wants to read from or write to a file. What credentials will apply when Windows is checking whether or not to allow me access to the file?

To answer that we need to consider another question. How did our process start?

3 6
0 960

If you've got more than one developer on a project, do you each work in your own namespace? Or do you all use a common namespace?

Through my work at George James Software I have encountered many different Caché and Ensemble development setups. At risk of over-generalizing, the older and more established users of InterSystems technologies seem more likely to have all their developers working in a common namespace, whereas the newer 'converts' tend to favour giving each developer their own namespace.

2 7
0 778

Hello,

This package may be of interest...

Link: https://github.com/litesolutions/cachedb-import

I have programmed this over a hunch, in order to facilitate the retrieval of source code from a Caché installation. It makes use of the Java API provided by Caché.

Right now, I use it as a means to salvage sources in order to analyze them using the SonarQube plugin I develop for my employer. Unfortunately this plugin is not open source.

I am calling for help here, on two fronts:

3 10
0 736

RESTful API Call From Cache to Particle.io Electron

Tom Fitzgibbon | Multidata | 212-967-6700 x537 | tom@mul.com

Summary: Simple Blink Tutorial for Particle.io Electron Device from Cache

Electron device is a tiny ARM processor ($40-$60) that connects to Particle’s world wide leased 2G/3G network (about $3/mo) and runs off an included LiPo battery. Using Cache’s %Net.HttpRequest you can send/receive data, control hardware and read sensors.

Step by Step (about 1 hour)

1) Get the Electron from store.particle.io.

2 0
0 1.2K
Question
· Mar 3, 2016
Filtering incoming records?

We have a situation where we want to detect and ignore documents/records at the earliest possible point based on certain criteria. We have an existing "CDA Preprocessor" in the workflow which is an XSL transform. This is what our contractors are planning to utilize to "filter" these documents. This doesn't really make sense to me. I see XSLT as a way to manipulate the contents of a document and filter certain peices of data. In my brain, I would use an Ensemble business rule to detect the criteria and route the document as necessary.

1 4
0 385

The cdirectmgr utility will no longer be included with product distributions beginning with the Caché 2016.2 release . This was an older VB application (predating the Caché cube) which allowed users to define server connections for Visual M/Caché Direct applications. As VB 6 is no longer supported by Microsoft, we will no longer ship this component. The same functionality is already available from the cube utility.

It is also posted in Compatibility blog.

0 3
0 390

What is the recommended approach to handle the following scenario: Large number of HL7 messages are serviced via Ensemble. Those messages are then transformed and routed to an Operation which calls a web service which does a number of different activities. If will do address normalization, location geo coding, MPI lookup and resolution, and insert into a SQL Server database to stage for an analytics product. Unfortunately all of this work takes time and the first thing that happens in the web service is a lock taken out on the Patien in SQL Server.

1 2
0 659

Zen Reports has offered multiple choices for direct printing including use of Adobe Reader or Foxit reader. Recent changes in Windows 10 and in the readers themselves have made it no longer possible to invoke these readers from background processes in Windows 10 and all future versions. Because of this Zen Reports will no longer support printing with these tools on Windows 10.

Windows 10 support was added for 2015.1 and 2015.2. On Windows 10, the only option for direct printing with Zen Reports will be Qoppa JPDFPrint.

0 3
0 354

Good morning people.
The use of TDD is currently being reference for software delivery more confiabilitade and quality.

At the company I work developing web applications , we create tests for method class in a deteminado package and running the steps that the documentation recommends:

1 export the tests classes to a predefined folder.
2- And running the test ( D ## class (% UnitTest.Manager ) .RunTest (,"/nodelete" )

It is a lot of work to do the export and run these tests would have a resource that we could only run the tests without the need for export ?

1 5
0 681
Question
· Feb 26, 2016
No Namespaces found

Hello!

I'm trying to use iKnow but I get the following error "No iKnow-enabled namespaces found" in the Management Portal.

It was working on the 2015.2.2 version but now on 2016.2.0 it doesn't. I very new to Caché and iKnow so it's probably a simple problem.

I was able to create a iKnow domain using the terminal and I can view it in the learning portal (http://localhost:57772/csp/sys/exp/_iKnow.UI.IndexingResults.zen).

0 2
0 443
Article
· Feb 19, 2016 4m read
Why Atelier? And what about Studio?

I have been meaning to make a post about this topic for a few weeks and the other day an issue came in through the WRC about it so it seems this is a conversation we should be having. I want to begin by taking a few moments to explain "Why Atelier" then we can talk about what this means in the general sense for Studio and Atelier and Caché developers. We have wrestled with what to do with Studio for years. When I moved to Product Management in 2008 this was already a "thing". At the time we could not reach a consensus. Some felt Studio was fine as is.

9 2
0 3.6K

Hello!

I'm trying to make a simple hello world program for iKnow but the documentation only shows examples using the scripting language or XML XData.

The domain is already created and configured, what I hope for is to be able to work with the data in some high-level language.

Is it possible to do something like this:

int domainId = 1;
IKnow iknow = new IKnow( domainId );
List concepts = iknow.getTopConcepts();

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

1 8
0 439

Is the default language (i.e., $$$DefaultLanguage, which is used as the basis for localization with $$$Text/etc. at compile time) always "en" for new Caché installations, or could it be different? How is this determined? I don't see an option to select a language during Caché installation.

Also, is there a supported/preferred API for setting the default language? Looking at %occMessages.inc, one option would be:

0 3
0 473

I'm working on a proposal for a deployment tool development project and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with such a thing.

We use Healthshare and implementations for new clients are tedius and lengthy. Lots of ensemble service, registry value, lookup tables, namespaces and other things have to be created and configured.

I would like to create a Zen or CSP page based deployment tool that can do all this with a few parameters and some custom code.

1 15
0 884