Question
· Nov 4, 2021
IRIS Language Bridge Python

At the recent virtual conference I saw the demonstration on being able to run Python within ObjectScript and run ObjectScript within Python thanks to a feature called Language Bridge. Is this available now? If so, am I able to install it? I am currently running HealthShare 2020.1. I have a little bit of experience using Irisnative with Python but was intrigued with the more seamless-looking features offered by the Language Bridge.

Thanks for any insight.

Marlin Mixon

1 5
0 251
Question
· Nov 11, 2021
#5003 not implemented

I am trying to create a scheduled task but get not implemented error when I try to run it.

Class PICIS.Core.Tasks.CleanEntry Extends %RegisteredObject
{

ClassMethod ClearTasks(pBackupFile As %String = "d:\Temp\BackupTasks.xml", pDelete As %Boolean = 0)
{
// Create backup file
Set tBackup = ##class(%Stream.FileCharacter).%New()
Set tBackup.Filename = pBackupFile
Do tBackup.WriteLine("<?xml version=""1.0"" encoding=""UTF-8""?>")
Do tBackup.WriteLine("<Tasks>")

0 14
0 420
Job
· Nov 17, 2021
Interface Engineer II

CHAS Health is looking for a full time Interface Engineer II

AMAZING Benefits Package! Medical, Dental, Vision

Paid Time Off (PTO) CHAS Health offers up to 6 weeks of PTO per anniversary year for full time employees.

1 2
1 301

I have just created a new Global Master Topic, "IRIS Cheatsheets". IRIS has introduced a lot of new functionality, especially in scripting languages, FHIR R4 support, enhanced Interoperability Tools, and IRIS Analytics. Having spent 35 years working on Windows-based PC's and Laptops, I have surprisingly little knowledge of Linux, Docker and Git. Furthermore, I have written almost every application and Interface in ObjectScript with splatterings of SQL, .Net, and Java Gateways and the most basic knowledge of WinSCP, Putty, SSH. All that changed when I received my first Raspberry Pi.

8 3
1 451

For all docker versions we have direct download links.

Like on our repository or on docker hub :

However, there is no direct link to download the installable (non docker) versions.

I propose you these two scripts to solve this need, the first one is with the wget command, the other one in curl.

5 1
4 347

Hi All,

I'm having a strange issue where doing a .setValue on a ZEN datacombo is updating it with the value as-is, not the corresponding display value. Eg, if I connected it to query that returns two columns: ID,Name, and do a setValue(ID), I would expect the text in the datacombo to update showing Name. Instead it updates show ID, which I only want to use internally.

0 2
0 146

Hey Developers,

Learn about new features in the InterSystems HealthShare Health Insight 2020.1 and 2020.2 releases and plans for future releases:

New & Next: Deliver actionable intelligence with HealthShare Health Insight

https://www.youtube.com/embed/m2vxVxR-tQc
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 124

Hi Developers!

Here're the technology bonuses for the Security Contest 2021 that will give you extra points in the voting:

• Basic Authentication usage - 2
  • Bearer/JWT Authentication usage - 3
  • OAuth 2.0 usage - 5
  • Authorization components usage - 2
  • Auditing usage - 2
  • Data Encryption usage - 2
  • Docker container usage - 2
  • ZPM Package deployment - 2
  • Online Demo - 2
  • Code Quality pass - 1
  • Article on Developer Community - 2
  • Video on YouTube - 3

See the details below.<--break->

0 1
0 285

[SQLCODE: <-400>:<Fatal error occurred>]
[Cache Error: <<MAXSTRING>zExecute+3^%sqlcq.LIM.cls1043369.1>]
[Location: <ServerLoop>]
[SQLCODE: <-400>:<Fatal error occurred>]
[Cache Error: <<MAXSTRING>zExecute+3^%sqlcq.LIM.cls1043369.1>]
[Location: <ServerLoop>]
at InterSystems.Data.CacheClient.CacheADOConnection.GetServerError(Int32 rc)
at InterSystems.Data.CacheClient.CacheADOConnection.processError(Int32 error, Int32 allowError)

0 3
0 231

Working in support, I usually get asked how many days I should keep journals. Should it be two days or after two backups? More? Less? Why two?

The correct answer (for most of the environments) is that you should keep the journals since the last validated Backup. I.e., until you don't check if a Backup is valid (restoring the file and checking with the Integrity utility), you can't be sure there is a good copy of your data and can't purge the journals safely.

12 7
1 675
Announcement
· Nov 16, 2021
Video: The Promise of FHIR

Hi Community,

Learn about strategic approaches being taken to leverage the potential of HL7 FHIR in InterSystems HealthShare:

The Promise of FHIR

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qo3nTn2WilU
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

1 0
0 181

Hi Community,

We are pleased to invite all the developers to the upcoming InterSystems Security Contest Kick-off Webinar! The topic of this webinar is dedicated to the Security contest.

We’ll discuss the aspects of Security Model implementation in InterSystems IRIS, the requirements, and what do we expect from participants of the Security contest. Also, we’ll answer all the questions related to the contest!

Date & Time: Monday, November 15 — 12:00 AM EDT

Speakers:
🗣 @Andreas Dieckow, Principal Product Manager at InterSystems Corporation
🗣 @Evgeny Shvarov, InterSystems Developer Ecosystem Manager

5 3
0 297
Article
· Sep 11, 2021 2m read
Successful Troubleshooting

During the last weeks, I was working on various issues and problems related to SW development.
I found that quite often problem analysis was mostly chasing issues just on the surface
but not really attacking the deeper reasons of the problem and follow the consequences.
It's like the doc that stops your leg bleeding but doesn't see that it is broken.

8 2
0 433

InterSystems technologies are renowned for their high performing databases, which support the systems and operations of many organisations. However a key ingredient to this success is the quality and maintainability of their code.

The quality of code can impact everything from speed and ease of fixing bugs and making enhancements, to the overall performance of your organization and your ability to get ahead in the marketplace.

By ensuring your code is maintainable, you can reduce approximately 75% of the systems life cycle costs*. This is why, at George James Software, the solutions we build are always straightforward and written in high quality code - because we know that this solid foundation can positively impact the rest of your organization.

With a maintainable system you're able to reduce your overall maintenance as any issues that occur are significantly faster to identify and fix. This means you're free to allocate that time and budget to enhancements, enabling you to get the most value out of your applications and ultimately better support your organization.

Keep an eye out for our next few posts about what a maintainable system looks like and the tools that can help you keep your code maintainable, in order to help you to reduce those maintenance costs.

3 1
1 375
Question
· Nov 5, 2021
ERROR #9406

I'm trying to send a POST request to my REST API and I'm getting this error and most likely due the lack of experience, I have no idea how to fix this issue:

"error": "ERROR #9406: Unexpected format for value of field, AlertText, using class base mapping",

"id": "JSONImportError",

"params": [

"AlertText",

"class base"

]

Am I missing something from my string definition?

Defined below as:

0 4
0 317