Question
· Jun 20, 2022
Visual Studio c#

Hi, I tried the following exercise from the IRIS documentation. I updated the username, password and IP address, but receiving this error;

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. --->

I can use the same credentials and IP address to connect ok via VSCode to my local IRIS...

Any pointers much appreciated.

0 3
0 306

I think it's a known fact that Populate Utility has very limited functionality. It supports only one language and one country. The list of possible values does not have so many options.

There is a kind of tool that now can help with it, named Faker. It has implementations in different languages, including Python. Since IRIS has now had the Embedded Python feature, Python faker can be implemented in IRIS.

5 3
0 242

Hey Developers,

Join us for a discussion guide of current operational tasks to reduce storage and an overview of new features coming in InterSystems HealthShare 2021.2, including stream, database, and journal compression abilities:

InterSystems HealthShare Storage Footprint Reduction

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZiGrlslPpQU
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

0 1
0 172

This formation, accessible on my GitHub, will cover, in half a hour, how to read and write in csv and txt files, insert and get inside the IRIS database and a distant database using Postgres or how to use a FLASK API, all of that using the Interoperability framework using ONLY Python following the PEP8 convention.

12 1
1 606
Article
· Dec 12, 2016 3m read
Generate and Validate Captcha Code

Suppose you have developed your own web app with InterSystems technologies stack and now want to perform a captcha validation on the client side in order to determine whether or not the user is human and make it safer. There are some modern frameworks to address the captcha issue, however most part of them needs internet access to generate codes and sometimes are complex to implement. Take this as basic example considering that image recognition has gotten too good. That's why you nowadays you tend to see more pattern recognition captchas than mere reading ones. (I.e.

7 9
2 1.4K

Is there a way for us to restrict user's ODBC permissions based on what program they're running on a client?

For example, we have some older Windows apps (.exe) that are a regular part of our software package which require the user to be able to select, insert, update, and delete. Some of our users are also using other third-party apps to connect (mostly reporting tools) but we only want them to be able to select unless we've approved the exe. Is there a way to do that?

These are not applications that were developed using CacheDirect.

0 6
0 289

The time that many of the Developer Community members, InterSystems Partners, and just people interested in InterSystems products, had been looking forward to has arrived! Finally, after an excruciatingly long pause, this year's Global Summit is again held in person! This time it's in Seattle! A beautiful city with steep hills, breathtaking views of Elliot Bay, and, from the words of locals, constantly bad weather cheeky

7 3
1 362

Hey Community,

In this webinar, we’ll discuss how you can now easily integrate Apache Kafka within InterSystems IRIS data platform, including via interoperability productions and programmatically via API calls, as both a producer as well as a consumer of Apache Kafka messages:

InterSystems IRIS Tech Talk: Kafka

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UjkwbGA0kaE
[This is an embedded link, but you cannot view embedded content directly on the site because you have declined the cookies necessary to access it. To view embedded content, you would need to accept all cookies in your Cookies Settings]

2 0
0 230

Hi developers!

Here are the bonus points for the experts voting for your applications in the Fullstack contest 2022:

Here we go!

• Climate Change - 5
  • isc.rest package - 2
  • isc.ipm.js package - 2
  • Embedded Python - 3
  • Adaptive Analytics (AtScale) Cubes usage - 3
  • Docker container usage - 2
  • ZPM Package deployment - 2
  • Online Demo - 2
  • Unit Testing - 2
  • First Article on Developer Community - 2
  • Second Article On DC - 1
  • Code Quality pass - 1
  • Video on YouTube - 3<--break->

0 0
0 206

Hello,

I want to access the HL7 Router settings from within the HL7 rule. Goal is to create a New class by extending "EnsLib.HL7.MsgRouter.RoutingEngine".

Then create a PARAMETER ProcessMessage which can be set to an integer value for the HL7 Router.

Create a Rule class and based on the value of this setting ProcessMessage
process/not process the messages.

1 15
0 399

Hi all!

I'm currently trying to find out how to have one Web Gateway route to multiple servers Management Portal. The only thing that I have come up with so far is to potentially make different routes per server?

I have a development, test, and production server and I want to use the same Gateway server using IIS to do SSL/TLS encryption for the CSP pages.

Any ideas or recommendations to pull this off?

0 4
0 308

Hi Community,

We prepared a fun online game for those who will be at the Global Summit in-person, and those new members who will join the Community at the event. If you are at the Summit but do not see the game - please let me know, I will add you wink

You can enter the game and grab the prizes right at the Developer Community booth - 5th Floor, Tech Exchange room.

Enter to win some nice prizes: Bellroy Computer Backpack, Umbrella, Amazon Kindle, Apple AirPods Pro, Coursera subscription and others!

1 0
0 154

Hey Developers,

We're pleased to invite you to join the next InterSystems IRIS 2020.1 Tech Talk: DevOps on June 2nd at 10:00 AM EDT!

In this InterSystems IRIS 2020.1 Tech Talk, we focus on DevOps. We'll talk about InterSystems System Alerting and Monitoring, which offers unified cluster monitoring in a single pane for all your InterSystems IRIS instances. It is built on Prometheus and Grafana, two of the most respected open source offerings available.

Next, we'll dive into the InterSystems Kubernetes Operator, a special controller for Kubernetes that streamlines InterSystems IRIS deployments and management. It's the easiest way to deploy an InterSystems IRIS cluster on-prem or in the Cloud, and we'll show how you can configure mirroring, ECP, sharding and compute nodes, and automate it all.

Finally, we'll discuss how to speed test InterSystems IRIS using the open source Ingestion Speed Test. This tool is available on InterSystems Open Exchange for your own testing and benchmarking.

4 6
1 531
Announcement
· Jun 18, 2022
[Video] Saving on Storage

Hey Community,

Check out the latest video on InterSystems Developers YouTube channel:

Saving on Storage

https://www.youtube.com/embed/EOqohVVW8rs

0 0
0 224

In our latest episode of Data Points, I had a conversation with @Michelle Spisak and @Adam Coppola about Learning Services initiatives at next week's Global Summit in Seattle. Take a listen to hear about the various things LS is taking part in, and hopefully we'll see you there!

For more information and to subscribe to the podcast, head over to https://datapoints.intersystems.com.

2 0
0 154

Hey Developers,

You're very welcome to join the upcoming InterSystems webinar called "InterSystems IRIS Tech Talk: Python"!

Date: Wednesday, June 08, 2022
Time: 11:00 AM EDT

https://www.youtube.com/embed/a8SJ8bwlC-E

In this tech talk, we’ll go into detail about the breadth of support Python developers have using the InterSystems IRIS data platform, including:

4 1
0 425