If you are waiting for the Kindle Edition of Caché and MUMPS – Part II, I must apologize. I believed what others told me that once I have a book manuscript, the Kindle manuscript will be easy. Being a programmer I should have remembered: "never assume anything." The conversion to Kindle is proving a much bigger task than I thought. But don't lose heart, I am working full time on it. I have as my goal before May 1st. But, then again, you know what they say about goals. ;) - - Paul Mike Kadow

1 0
0 326

Version: 1.0.123

Cache for UNIX (Apple Mac OS X for x86-64) 2016.2 (Build 619U) Thu Mar 17 2016

After deleting a class on the server, Atelier still wants to believe it exists. I even deleted the project and the server. After re-creating them, it still believes the class exists. I log in with studio and it shows the class has been removed.

If I attempt to open the class in the server explorer, I get a null pointer exception, but I can open any other class.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

James

1 2
0 312

Hi,

posted some weeks ago in the "old" ZEN Google Group, maybe someone here can help to understand how to properly setting up a csp applications and contributing from the build-in caché security mechanism.

I´ve created a webapplication and wan´t to add further security to it using the smp. But... first things first.

I have two Databases let´s say DB1-LOGIN and DB2-Application. Each of this DBs has a resource assigned. DB1-LOGIN has a resource %DB1-LOGIN which has a public permission of 'read'. DB2 has a resource as well %DB2-Application with no public access.

1 7
0 567
Article
· Mar 15, 2016 1m read
Code metrics over time

Among the outputs of our Yuzinji tool are two code metrics that it can be interesting to track over time as a development project proceeds. These are Size and XS. The first is fairly straightforward. As you write more code the size of your codebase increases. The XS metric (pronounced "excess") aims to quantify excessive structural complexity.

1 3
0 330

Some thins I have noticed, which I am not sure are bugs or features to come.

1.) Go to type declaration (F3 or ctrl+click on a class/variable/method)

It doesn not work on object variables and methods

Where it does work, it opens the related class but it is not editable.

2. )There is no code indentation correction/ctrl+L ?

Is this planned?

I would very much prefer to have formatting even if it means loosing some COS "functionalty".

1 4
0 266

I would like to know how to get the key value from a dropdownmenuitem placed on a navbar.

I have tried to get from onselect and onchange events of the template class, but it didn´t work.

According to the snapshot attached I am trying to retrieve the values from 'action-1' and 'action-2'.

I have attached a ZIP file with a snapshot which value I am trying to retrieve and example classes.

Thanks.

1 8
0 309

Hi,

Can a Cache Mirror be used in the cloud ? (ie stand up a Primary and Backup member instances in a High Availability Cache Mirroring configuration)

I'm investigating the validity of this configuration, because I was of the understanding that this may not possible due to these cloud servers not (typically) having fixed ip addresses, which interferes with the Virtual IP settings for the mirror set.

Is this correct, and if there are workarounds (like Load Balancing ?) can I have details on how this should be configured ?

1 8
0 857
Question
· Mar 3, 2016
Filtering incoming records?

We have a situation where we want to detect and ignore documents/records at the earliest possible point based on certain criteria. We have an existing "CDA Preprocessor" in the workflow which is an XSL transform. This is what our contractors are planning to utilize to "filter" these documents. This doesn't really make sense to me. I see XSLT as a way to manipulate the contents of a document and filter certain peices of data. In my brain, I would use an Ensemble business rule to detect the criteria and route the document as necessary.

1 4
0 385

What is the recommended approach to handle the following scenario: Large number of HL7 messages are serviced via Ensemble. Those messages are then transformed and routed to an Operation which calls a web service which does a number of different activities. If will do address normalization, location geo coding, MPI lookup and resolution, and insert into a SQL Server database to stage for an analytics product. Unfortunately all of this work takes time and the first thing that happens in the web service is a lock taken out on the Patien in SQL Server.

1 2
0 659

Good morning people.
The use of TDD is currently being reference for software delivery more confiabilitade and quality.

At the company I work developing web applications , we create tests for method class in a deteminado package and running the steps that the documentation recommends:

1 export the tests classes to a predefined folder.
2- And running the test ( D ## class (% UnitTest.Manager ) .RunTest (,"/nodelete" )

It is a lot of work to do the export and run these tests would have a resource that we could only run the tests without the need for export ?

1 5
0 681

Hello!

I'm trying to make a simple hello world program for iKnow but the documentation only shows examples using the scripting language or XML XData.

The domain is already created and configured, what I hope for is to be able to work with the data in some high-level language.

Is it possible to do something like this:

int domainId = 1;
IKnow iknow = new IKnow( domainId );
List concepts = iknow.getTopConcepts();

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

1 8
0 439

I'm working on a proposal for a deployment tool development project and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with such a thing.

We use Healthshare and implementations for new clients are tedius and lengthy. Lots of ensemble service, registry value, lookup tables, namespaces and other things have to be created and configured.

I would like to create a Zen or CSP page based deployment tool that can do all this with a few parameters and some custom code.

1 15
0 884

InterSystems is pleased to announce that Caché and Ensemble 2015.1.4 are now available as maintenance releases.
For a complete list of the corrections in 2015.1.4, please review the release notes.

Caché and Ensemble 2015.1.4 are available today for the same platforms as 2015.1.3.
The complete set of supported platforms, including specific point releases and/or patches, is detailed in the Supported Platforms document.

1 0
0 200

Hi Community!

Meet the new group in Developer Community:

InterSystems Data Platform Blog!

In this group you'll find technical posts form InterSystems engineers and Community about InterSystems Data Platform technology cases which we consider as good or even best practices.

Every article in this blog passes InterSystems engineers' reviewing procedure and only then becomes available. You are very welcome to comment and share it!

1 0
0 263