You probably have a similar experience.
The more I use Atelier the more I miss INSPECTOR that I had in Studio!

First for PROPERTIES that can inherit a variable number of Parameters beyond imagination.
take %XML.Adapter as the most obvious.
next:
Where to find all inherited methods that I eventually want to overload? Take %Persistent as example.

Or where or how can %OnBeforeAddToSaveSet() (the correct camel case) be overloaded ?

15 5
0 605

As IRIS was announced yesterday by Paul Grabscheid I would be highly interested to get in touch with it.

- How can we get qualified for a closer view ?
- Where can we get some (preliminary) description + documentation.
- Is there any FT available ?

I'm especially interested in the areas around included/embedded/attached JVM and SPARK .

11 3
0 651

Hello all.

I think the forum experience is great as whole, but it could improve even more if we had somewhere to share our ideas. So that's why I'm creating a thread dedicated for that purpose. Maybe this way someone from InterSystems could catch something good?

8 11
0 401

I am trying to find documentation on how Cache Studio locks a Routine/Class a developer is editing.

On the flip side, I am looking for documentation on how Atelier does the same.

Ultimately I am looking for the differences and what happens if both Studio and Atelier through different developers go after the same Routine/Class.

I am not asking for an answer (however that would be nice), I am looking for pointers to documentation.

4 7
0 618

Hello All,

I have a question / issue regarding the calling list.FindOref(<object from indexOpen call>)
Here is a simple way to reproduce the issue:
2 classes: Utility.contacttypes and Utility.person

Class Utility.contacttypes Extends %Persistent
{
Property description As %Library.String(TRUNCATE = 1);
/// Index for property description
Index descriptionIndex On description [ Unique ];
}

3 5
0 340

Hi all!

I'm developing a mini-framework to implement annotations in Cache. I want to support two kind of annotations: metadata and method decorators. I've got stuck trying to implement the second one.

Metadata

With metadata annotations I can add metadata to any kind of target. A target can be a method/classmethod, parameter, property and class.

For example:

3 16
0 674

If I were trying to access an index of a global variable, what time complexity would this operation have? My understanding of languages like Java/C++ is that arrays are stored as blocks of memory so that x[15] would have a lookup time complexity of O(1) because it just goes to (address of the array + 15) and retrieves the value stored there.

How does this work in Cache where the index of a variable isn't necessarily an integer value? If I were to have a variable like the following:

x("Adam") = "Red"

x("George") = "Blue"

x("Bryan") = "Green"

etc...

3 5
0 480

Having developed systems using Caché ObjectScript and Ensemble on various projects over the last 4 - 5 years I'm considering trying for some certifications. I've found details of the Caché Systems Administrator and Caché Application Developer certifications but have a couple of questions:

1) Is there a certification for Ensemble Application Developer?

2) Are any sample questions and/or practice exams available?

Thanks

3 2
0 1.6K
Question
· May 12, 2017
Web Sockets

Hi

I am working on a project that will interact with some software called ROS (Robot Operating System). One of the development challenges we have is as follows:

ROS uses web sockets... So one connect with ws://localhost:9090 to the web socket server. It starts off as http, but then "upgrades" to web socket. It then keeps open this "tunnel" for bi-directional communication..

I need something like a HTTP Outbound adapter, but the Web Socket version of it...

Does anyone have any experience in this area?

Nigel

3 14
1 1.1K

When I go through the Atelier Cheat Sheet on the connection configuration, it talks about an Eclipse master password and asks for two hints to remember the master password. However, it does not specify the master password. I can only assume the master password is the same as the Cache instance password.

Can anyone shed some light on this master password, where or how it is used, and any other useful information?

3 3
0 379
Question
· Mar 3, 2017
zen report

Hi, all

I have the following problem in generating a PDF report in ZEN, which has many items, a general total of approximately 30,000 items, but gives an error, I can generate a report with a maximum of 8,000 items, which may be wrong.

2 4
0 1.5K

Hi,

I know you're doing a big effort to build a new IDE in Eclipse ecosystem but Visual Studio Code is a new an even better and faster tool for coding... did you have any plans to release any COS extension for it in the near future? There you can already find extensions for all current more common progrmaming languages and it would be great to have COS as one of them.

Thanks

2 5
0 1.4K
Question
· Apr 11, 2017
Authentication with REST

We are building a bunch of rest based services using Ens 2016.2 to serve our browser based application (Angular 4).

Two questions:

1. The initial authentication seems only work if credentials are placed in the url parameters. Trying to use the Authorization header instead, the client code immediately complains about Access-Control-Allow-Origin. How can I resolve this?

2. After initial authentication, what is the proper way to send subsequent rest calls without having to include credential every time?

2 7
0 2.6K

Hi, Community!

How do you store the source files of your Caché project? What is the directories structure? What are the benefits?

I prefer the following structure:

/cls/package/subpackage/class.cls

/mac/package/routine.mac

/int/package/routine.int

/inc/macro.inc

/dfi/folder/sample.pivot.dfi

Example

Benefits:

• folders are packages.
  • easy to understand what type of sources are in the project.

What is your approach?

2 4
1 1.2K

Hi all,

We have a big problem with spanish accent and special characters using Data Transformation (HL7 Messages).

We have some DT to transform HL7 messages to other type (OUL^R22 To OML^O21) so it copys the PID segment to the new one, but if in the PatienName field has any special character, the transformation stops and it not continues with the transformation.

This is the message

2 1
0 1K

Please excuse my ignorance. I am trying to identify what areas would be best to review in the System Dashboard (for Cache 2010.2) for performance issues with the database. It seems to be running slower than usual, but I am trying to find out the best way to go about identifying what the issue is.

The following are captures from the System Dashboard.

As always, thanks a lot for your help.

System Dashboard

2 3
0 552