Question
· May 12, 2017
Use a class property to pass a flag

Looking for a way in which I could possibly pass a flag through a property when performing an Insert statement, on a mapped class.

insert into my.class (serialNumber, modelNumber, myFlag) value ('testSerial', 'testModel', 0)
myFlag is not stored in the DB.

The mapped class then calls a legacy routine (MAC) via CodeMode = 'objectgenerator', (Insert method within the 'objectgenerator')

Within the legacy routine, I am setting an index... but I don't always want to set it (multiple inserts, and I will only set the index on the LAST insert)

0 4
0 254
Question
· Sep 30, 2021
Portal's category.

Hello,

I’m looking for a way to find out which category of portal a connector belongs to.
I looked at the class ‘Ens.Config.Production’ and ‘Ens.Config.Item’ but without success.

An idea about the ‘ObjectScript’ code to design?

Best Regards.

0 11
0 264

hi

I want to online backup one Caché database by windows bat, I find some article from the online documentation about terminal script and the ^DBACK tool and External Entry Points for ^DBACK, so I can invoke the External Entry Points for ^DBACK from terminal script like this: send: Do BACKUP^DBACK<CR>

Is there other better way for backup database from bat/script?

Thanks

0 2
0 639

Once a week we are attempting to load an XML file from Workday into a MS SQL table using JDBC and Store Procedures. There is approx 102999 records in this XML file. We are struggling with processing the entire file within a reason amount of time. We feed the XML through a BPL to then populate values in a stored procedure then call the stored procedure through a Business Operation. I have tried splitting out the Business Operations to make two calls, but we still continue to see an issue loading the XML into MS SQL.

0 4
0 284

Hi everyone,

i have a problem with the "ExecuteUpdateParmArray()" methode from the "EnsLib.SQL.OutboundAdapter" adaptater when i try to update a sql server 2008 table with JDBC connection.

..Adapter.ExecuteUpdateParmArray(.nRows,sqlUpdate,.param)

return to me the following error:

0 3
0 517
Question
· Jun 1, 2017
Casting JSON

I'm doing a REST service. A method has as body parameter a JSON corresponding to a class A.

In my production I have class A so that I retrieve the parameters using a dynamic object, such that:

Set body = ##class(%DynamicObject).%FromJSON(%request.Content)
Set myObjectA = ##class(A).%New()
Set myObjectA.Id = body.Id
Set myObjectA.Name = body.Name
Set myObjectA.Date = body.Date
Set myObjectA.Salary = body.Salary

I would like to know if I can avoid doing the manual mapping, doing a casting, since I am sure that FromJSON will return a class A. Something like this:

0 9
1 867

Hi, guys,

I'm working on zen report to display an examination report for a client.

They stored order information in several tables. Examination findings and diagnosis were recorded in a html page and codes of the page was stored in another table. We need to put them together in one single report.

So far we can only read the html codes from that table which is a whole page since it start from label <html> and have <header>. We know that if we are using javascript we can display the page by assigning the codes to innerHtml property of an iframe object.

0 6
0 488

I want to INSERT a record in a database using JDBC in OBJECTSCRIPT. At the same time, I want to obtain the insert ID. Is there a way to achieve this using the SQL Outbound adapter?

My code is something like this now:

Property Adapter As EnsLib.SQL.OutboundAdapter;

set sql = " INSERT INTO Prenotazioni_CUP "_
" (ID, cf
" VALUES (SEQTAB.NextVal, ?) "
set status = ..Adapter.ExecuteUpdate(.rs, sql, pRequest.cfAssistito)

0 5
0 354

I would like to start a discussion regarding Caché Objects and Caché SQL.

It is my understanding that the creators of Caché Objects see Caché SQL as the reporting arm of Objects and as such SQL is essential to Caché Objects.

I once met a Caché Objects programmer who was writing code to $Order through the Globals because that person thought that Caché SQL was too slow and inefficient. I attempted to convince the person otherwise.

So, what say you? Is SQL essential to Caché Objects?

Or

0 29
0 803

Hi,

I want to attach one local namespace on instance A to the database on instance B.

How could I use ECP to achieve my goal?

Should I config instance B as ECP data server? If so, how could I explicitly specify which database on instance B could be exposed ?

Thanks for your help.

0 4
0 467
Question
· Nov 30, 2021
IRIS ODBC connection issue

We are migrating servers

Trying to create IRIS ODBC connection in new window 10 machine, but getting an error "TCP connect() timed out."

In old server windows server 2012 - IRIS ODBC connection was already existed, working fine. if I create new/test with IRIS connection is fine.

Only issue in new server (windows 10), I am not sure why I am getting error. Can any one help.

I added Firewall outbound port, still it is not working.

0 1
0 340
Question
· Jul 13, 2017
RuleSet with a Dynamic Target

I wanted to know if there was a way to dynamic set a target in the rule send command. I have a assign property that uses the lookup table that I wanted return the name of the target value and then set the target to that property . When I set the target= _@tDestination there is a parser error.

0 1
0 366

I have a query string that I am creating programmatically, based on some user inputs. The user might search on 5 fields, or 8 fields, or no fields.

In my sql statment, some of these fields require parameters in the %Execute statement.

For example:

if user picks lastname, sql = "select * from person where lastname = ?"

if user also picks age, sql = "select * from person where lastname=? and age > ?"

I then have these lines of code to create my result set:

set statement = %SQL.Statement

statement.%Prepare

0 28
0 22.1K
Question
· Jul 22, 2017
select sql error

hi

I execute sql like this: select * from DHC_PatBillDetails where PBD_PBO_ParRef>='2046121'

error message:

but the sql: select * from DHC_PatBillDetails where PBD_PBO_ParRef='2046121' can be executed successfully

why?

0 5
0 310

Hi,

we´re looking for a way to determine, if the System Management Portal (SMP) is only accessible through ssl/tls -> https. One of our applications send daily reports via email and places some dynamically created links within it. The application runs on the instance being monitorred (Ensemble-Productions).

Since we migrate some of our customers systems to use https for the SMP connection, we need to generate those links with https:// instead of http://. Our application is characterized as kind of a lib so we use it for many of our clients systems.

0 4
0 634